Follow your dreams. They know the way… (Guest Post)

I recently heard about the book Ninja School Mum and wanted to have author Lizzie Chantree over to guest post about it. Lizzie’s books have a common theme: they feature female entrepreneurs! Yes, I had a hunch she’d be a great fit here ;) Ok, here’s me giving Lizzie the floor:

♀️♀️♀️

A woman writing about women :)

Please join me in welcoming author Lizzie Chantree to the blog! Photo courtesy of the author.

I’m thrilled to have been invited here today. My name is Lizzie Chantree and I am a contemporary romance author who writes novels that will hopefully make you smile. I am also a business mentor and my books are full of strong women with some pretty zany business ideas! I run a networking hour on Twitter called #CreativeBizHour to support creatives and really enjoy hearing from people who are following their dreams.

I began my first business with a market stall and this evolved into two shops and a wholesale business, where I exhibited my products at trade shows and sold them all over the world.  After running my business for many years my daughter became unwell. I wrote my first book during this time to keep myself awake (and sane) at night, so that I could hear her breathing. As my daughter’s health improved I began to write more and accepted a book deal with publishers Crooked Cat Books.

My books all have women in them who are stronger than they realise and because writing helped me through such a hard time in my life, I write stories full of love, romance and sunshine, in the hope of lifting others through their own troubled times.

My latest romance read is called Ninja School Mum. It is about a single mum, called Skye, who is running from her past while trying to protect the future of her child. The story is about how hard it can be fitting into a new area and friendship group, not just for a child, but also for their parent. The story is full of laughter, friendship and playground gossip, as well as some sizzling men! Do you ever really know who you are standing next to on the school playground?

Wishing you all a fun filled and creative day.

About Lizzie Chantree

Award-winning inventor and author, Lizzie Chantree, started her own business at the age of 18 and became one of Fair Play London and The Patent Office’s British Female Inventors of the Year in 2000. She discovered her love of writing fiction when her children were little and now runs networking hours on social media, where creative businesses, writers, photographers and designers can offer advice and support to each other. She lives with her family on the coast in Essex.

Find Lizzie writing at her self-titled website, as well as on social media at Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Cover of Ninja School Mom

This romance book about a female entrepreneur is the newest release from Lizzie Chantree. Photo via the author.

Book Blurb

Obsessive compulsive school mum, Skye, is a lonely  elite  spy,  who is running from her past whilst trying to protect the future of her child. She tries hard to fit in with the other parents at her son’s new school, but the only person who accepts her unconventional way of life is new mother, Thea.

Thea is feeling harassed by her sister and bored with her life, but she suspects that there is something strange about the new school mum, Skye. Thea has secrets of her own and, although the two become unlikely friends, she hesitates to tell Skye about the father of her own child.

Zack’s new business is growing faster than he could have dreamed but, suddenly, he finds himself the owner of a crumbling estate on the edge of a pretty village, and a single parent to a very demanding child. Could he make a go of things and give his daughter the life she deserved?

When three lives collide, it appears that only one of them is who they seem to be, and you never know who the person next to you in the school playground really is.

Be sure to pick up your copy of Ninja School Mum! I have the eBook :)

Book cover

Let’s get reading! Ninja School Mom features a new mom, has a spy twist, and more. Photo courtesy of Lizzie Chantree.

1. Sheila March 29, 2018

This sounds great – thank you for introducing us Christy! I love strong and funny female characters and will have to check this out.

1. Lizzie Chantree March 29, 2018

Thanks Sheila. Ninja School Mum was so much fun to write. I hope the book makes you smile.

2. Lizzie Chantree March 29, 2018

Thank you for inviting me onto your fabulous blog today!

1. Christy B March 29, 2018

My pleasure! Keep up the great writing!

2. Lizzie Chantree March 30, 2018

Thanks Christy!

3. Gwen Plano March 29, 2018

What a great post! Thank you, Christy.

1. Lizzie Chantree March 30, 2018

Thanks for stopping by Gwen. Great to see you here too.

4. Resa March 29, 2018

Wow! Lizzie, you sound amazing, and the title of your book brings a smile!

1. Lizzie Chantree March 30, 2018

Thanks Resa! I hope you enjoy the story. It really is a lot of fun.

5. thelonelyauthorblog March 29, 2018

Nice post

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

6. waypointvacation March 29, 2018

Great premis..even greater story!

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thank you. Happy reading!

7. Sumith March 29, 2018

Thank you Christy for introducing us Lizzie Chantree.

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Great to meet you. Thanks for joining us here today. I hope you enjoy the book.

8. Jill Weatherholt March 29, 2018

Thanks for introducing us to Lizzie and her book, Christy! I love the premise!

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

That’s wonderful news! I hope you enjoy the story, as it was so much fun to write. Great to meet you Jill. Have an amazing weekend.

9. Gallantly, gal March 29, 2018

Love this. Thank you for sharing!

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thanks for joining us here today. Great to meet you. Happy reading:)

10. OJ's Pride March 30, 2018

Interesting

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thanks for joining us here today:)

2. OJ's Pride April 1, 2018

Am glad I did

11. fatamsimth March 30, 2018

Great title.

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thank you for the compliment. I love the title too.

12. jyo March 30, 2018

Such a beautiful and an inspiring post💯💯

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thank you. I’m inspired by people who follow their dreams and help others. My books reflect that, as I write them to hopefully help people relax and smile. I’m all about bringing sunshine into people’s lives where possible, as others have done this for me.

13. The Medical Mama March 30, 2018

This leaves me with wanting to know more. Thank you for sharing! :)

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Hooray! I hope you enjoy reading Ninja School Mum and that it makes you smile. My next book is out on the 9th July and I can’t wait to share the news about that here too, nearer the time.

2. Christy B March 30, 2018

Yes Lizzie be sure to come back closer to July to tell us more about the next book :)

3. lizziechantree March 31, 2018

Thanks Christy. I’d love to! My publishers have priced many of their titles, including Ninja School Mum, at 99p/99c as an Easter treat for book lovers this weekend. If you were thinking of grabbing a copy, do it this weekend and save some money everyone!

14. beyo11 March 30, 2018

That is a great post and a something to look forward to reading, thanks for sharing!!

1. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

That’s wonderful news! Happy reading and I hope you really enjoy the story. Let us all know what you think!

15. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thank you for the amazing reblog. Have a wonderful weekend.

16. lizziechantree March 30, 2018

Thank you for the amazing reblog and for sharing the post. Much appreciated. You are a star!

17. Tina Frisco March 30, 2018

It’s wonderful to see you here on Christy’s blog, Lizzie. I love the book title, and the cover is fantastic! Wishing you all the best ❤ Terrific post, Christy ❤

1. lizziechantree March 31, 2018

Thanks Tina. I’m thrilled you like the title and book cover. I really appreciate you sharing the post on social media too!

2. Tina Frisco March 31, 2018

Welcome, Lizzie ❤

3. Christy B March 31, 2018

Tina and Lizzie, you both are great examples of all that women can achieve! I’m behind you both, cheering 📣

4. Tina Frisco March 31, 2018

Thank you, girlfriend! I’ve got your back :) ❤

5. Christy B March 31, 2018

Aw thanks ♥

6. lizziechantree April 5, 2018

Likewise. I really enjoy seeing women fulfil their dreams.

18. Amy Caudill April 1, 2018

Skye sounds like my kind of heroine! Good luck to Lizzie with her new book, and thanks to Christy for introducing her.

1. lizziechantree April 5, 2018

Thanks Amy! I hope you enjoy the book. Let me know what you think.

19. robbiesinspiration April 7, 2018

A lovely author post about Lizze Chantree, Christy. I didn’t know about her daughter’s illness. I know that feeling well.

20. Great post and lovely to find out more about you Lizzie.. thanks Christy for being such a great host.

21. Marje @ Kyrosmagica April 7, 2018

Hi Lizzie nice to see you on Christy’s blog. I loved Ninja School Mum. It’s a lovely light-hearted romance read. :)