Raising Girls to Become Powerful Women

The current generation of women are some of the most powerful on the planet. Compare it to only around 30 years ago, and the rights and status that women have in the world has just improved so much. So we’ve made it this far, but what about the future women of our generation, the ones we’re raising right now? Well, they’re the future, and it is our job to raise them as the powerful women that they can be. There are so many ways that you can do that, and here are a few of them. If you’re raising a girl to be a powerful woman, these tips should help you.

Education

Male or female, education holds the key to becoming the most successful person someone can be. But as children, they aren’t always the most focused on education. The best thing you can do is try to nurture it from a young age. Take them to after school classes and have an active role in everything they do. Don’t just make it all educational; also focus on extracurricular activities, such as sports, to give them a wider interest in life. Some girls might even fall into the category of gifted children. They have the ability to learn so fast that they qualify for a higher level of education. There are certain schools and centers around the world that cater for children with the most elite minds.

If you think your child has special abilities when it comes to their education, make sure you’re always nurturing it to the best of your ability. If they have a love for education, be sure to help them keep it. As they age it is easy for them to lose concentration if they fall into the wrong crowd.

Self Belief

Self belief is what a lot of people seem to lack, not just women. But women in particular seem to develop a lack of self belief from a young age. It’s important to build them up into the powerful women they should be through self belief. Encourage them to follow their dreams, and help to show them why they’re amazing. If they want to join a sports team, but they don’t think they’re going to be good enough, encourage them to give a go and see what happens. When they have your backing and support, they may be more likely to try new things.

A Future To Look Forward To

Showing them what future they could have from a young age is so important. Getting them excited about future careers, whatever it may be, is one of the best things you can do. Perhaps you take them to career events, for example. The more active role you play with their career choices, the easier it will be for them to find something that they love.

Because finding something they are passionate about is so important, it gives them a goal to work towards from an early age. You might also benefit from going to an inspiring women conference. They’re held all over the world, and some are bigger than others. They are full of motivational women who give talks about the future, what the next generation can do, and how parents can motivate children to do better.

Inspiration From You

While you can be a major source of inspiration for your daughter, sadly that can often not feel like the case. Instead, it may feel like a constant battle to maintain a half-decent relationship with her. But never take it to heart, it is something that most moms have to go through. It has to do with factors that include hormones and how you are around her. When your daughter is angry at you, it’s easy to reciprocate this and turn it into a resentful relationship. Try instead to be there as much as you possibly can.

Also, encourage your daughter to have as many friendships as possible. Women empower women, and friends are some of the best people to do so. They’re there for your daughter like you might not be able to, and they can bring her up in spirit if you’re not around. Most of all, make sure you’re setting a good example for her. If you’re proactive with your life and achieving greatness, it will inspire her to do the same.

1. Teagan R. Geneviene March 29, 2018

No one should ever underestimate “Inspiration From You”… every mom, caregiver, educator, or other role model is a source of inspiration. Use it well.
    Shine on, Christy.

2. Eliza Waters March 29, 2018

I have great hope for the Millennials. What I’ve seen so far is impressive!

3. prenika March 29, 2018

Women supports women. That’s the only factor for empowerment of women.
    Beautiful post!👌😃

4. Loretta March 29, 2018

Great post Christy…and can I add, this is also good advice for Grandmothers. I am helping to raise my Granddaughters to be strong, independent, confident women.

5. Sueju Takeshi March 29, 2018

Hi, Christy. I’m a man and I fully support your struggles! Cheers to a better life! Fight for a better world, women of the world!

6. zahthinks March 29, 2018

Great post 😊

7. Anonymous March 29, 2018

Thank you for the tips. I am striving to raise my daughter to be a powerful women.

8. Good thoughts..I was lucky with my daughter and had quite a peaceful ride through her teenage years, i think the fact that she had a close knit group of friends was a great help.

1. Christy B April 23, 2018

Friends can be great (or poor) influences, for sure. I’m glad it went the positive route for your daughter, Alison <3

9. Amy Childs March 29, 2018

Thank you for the tips. This is really helpful when raising young children.

10. thelonelyauthorblog March 29, 2018

Good post. I don’ think enough is being done to teach our daughters that they are equals.

11. Gallantly, gal March 29, 2018

I love this!!!! It saddens me to think that all my life, I grew up with limiting beliefs without even knowing, just because of how society ran. And no one sees the mechanism moving until it’s too late.

12. unbreakableyetfragile March 29, 2018

Love this!

13. scholachat March 30, 2018

I hardly hear of teenage girls who are into competitive sports having teenage crisis, most who do are simply bored or bitter

14. Julie de Rohan March 30, 2018

Daughters learn so much from watching their mothers – I feel that what we show them is more important that what we tell them. If mothers model a healthy relationship with themselves, daughters learn it’s OK to do likewise. That way, they can grow up accepting and valuing themselves, rather than struggling with low self-esteem which is sadly so prevalent amongst women. Thank you for this great post, Christy, I think you’re saying something really important here.

1. Rachel McAlpine May 22, 2018

It’s true, and this post raises our awareness of the fact.

15. A Creative Newmie March 30, 2018

We as women should be lifting each other up, instead of tearing each other apart. Society has such unrealistic expectations for looks, jobs, kids, husbands, etc.

Also Christy, my blog has moved. If you haven’t yet, subscribe by e-mail on my new website. Thanks!

16. Amy Caudill March 31, 2018

Great post, Christy! It truly is our responsibility and privilege to ensure the next generation of female leaders have all the tools, training and encouragement they need to succeed. I’m happy my daughter has opportunities that simply weren’t there for me, and I can’t wait to see what the world is like by the time she has kids of her own.

17. Luna Reele April 22, 2018

This is very helpful! ( I have 3 teenage daughters)

1. Christy B April 23, 2018