Overcome Fear of Success: A Female Survival Guide

Women aren’t always very confident. When it comes to careers and business, there’s often something holding people back. It could be that you don’t even realize you’re sabotaging yourself. But it’s got to stop. Because women are changing the world. Women are talented. And women must start believing in their achievements. I’m trying my best to embrace this statement! But I get scared – how about you? Maybe you’re scared of making it. Because as humans, it’s natural to be in a state of lack, to think that suffering is normal. But it’s not. And it’s okay to work hard and find success. So, overcome fear of success and get to work on your big, bold, and ambitious, business and career dreams. I’m doing the same. Face your fears by embracing the following points.

Be Positive to Overcome Fear of Success

First of all, something that is absolutely important, is for you to make sure that you’re being as positive as you can be at all times. Because when you’re in a positive and happy frame of mind, you’re going to be able to believe in yourself and actually start to make waves with your future.

Surround Yourself with Smart People

Next, you need to make sure that you have all of the right people around you. It’s not enough to be your own source of positivity and self-belief if you’re constantly beaten down by others. Because the people you surround yourself with matter.

It’s important to be around people that are positive and smart and that can add value to your life. As then, they can help you to grow, face your fears, and believe in yourself too.

Continually Learn

The next thing to do to overcome fear of success is to make sure that you’re always trying to enrich your mind. Because if you want to do something with your career or business, then you need to be always learning. This could be taking a course, it could even be getting an accredited online MBA, or reading. When you’re always learning and picking up new skills, then you’ll have much more confidence in yourself and your abilities.

One of the best ways to face your fears and to start believing in yourself is to follow your passions. Because if you’re scared or you’re holding yourself back, you can often forget all about that by just focusing on the work – on doing what you love. And before you know it, you’re getting somewhere.

Have a Fear of Success? Let It Go

And, finally, if you are holding yourself back for any reason, it’s now time for you to let it go. Don’t think you’re worthy? Parents or past relationships made you self-conscious? Feel like a fraud even though you’re not? Shake it off and let it go.

It’s time to walk away and start to do something with your life. So just let go of it all. Put yourself first and believe in your abilities. When you do so, magic can happen!

1. JulieBarbera February 25, 2019

Wise words, Christy. Thank you for sharing!

1. Christy B February 25, 2019

Thanks Julie ~ Wishing you an awesome week!

2. JulieBarbera February 25, 2019

You’re welcome, Christy! Have an awesome week as well.

3. Christy B February 26, 2019

:D

4. JulieBarbera February 26, 2019

😀👍

2. Damyanti Biswas February 25, 2019

I need to tattoo this on my person, and look at it often.

1. ZainaRamz February 25, 2019

Often words of wisdom are easy on the tongue but hard on the heart.I believe we all are aware and due to christy we are reminded to act apon it.Thanks for the alarm

2. Christy B February 26, 2019

Reminders when gentle can really hit home. Thanks Zaina.

3. Christy B February 26, 2019

Sometimes I write down important phrases and put them in places I’ll see them, like by my computer. HUGS, Damyanti :)

3. decorationk February 26, 2019

I think we all sometimes need a little reminder of this! Thank you for reminding me!

1. Christy B February 26, 2019

So pleased by your response as I try to help others with these posts. Thanks!

4. mariahallen98 February 26, 2019

Yes girl!! Get it!!

1. Christy B February 26, 2019

Woohoo!! Cheering you on too :)

5. Laura Beth February 26, 2019

Fantastic post, Christy. I needed to read this today! I have had fear of success, but have also learned ways to overcome it and persevere. Thank you!

1. Christy B February 27, 2019

I’m cheering you on, Laura Beth!

2. Laura Beth February 27, 2019

Thank you!

3. Christy B February 28, 2019

:D

6. quartzalchemist February 26, 2019

This was an excellent post! I can personally confirm that when a woman tries all these things in her life, she feels like a success even before material or career success has happened. I am on my way to great things, but I haven’t achieved them yet. Because I employ these techniques, though, I already feel like a winner! So they are good for a person’s mental state as well, and I truly don’t believe women employ them enough. Again, great post, very inspirational.

1. Christy B February 27, 2019

Your comment helps me realize that we all have our struggles and we can achieve more by believing in ourselves. Thanks for such a great comment!

7. macalder02 February 26, 2019

think you have dictated the basic rules for all women to excel in the world of men. Today they set a pattern in society and your criteria will help them to continue fighting.

1. Christy B February 27, 2019

I hope one day for equal opportunity and yes one day at a time :)

8. Amy Caudill February 28, 2019

Great words of encouragement we all need to hear repeated from time to time, Christy!

9. Lisa Hutchison LMHC March 1, 2019

Great tips Christy and an important blog for women! I would add to the list to embrace your fear. Sit with it and breathe. It is often our resistance, or our fear of the fear that keeps us stuck. Once you accept the fear, it moves on its way. xx

1. Christy B March 1, 2019

Great words, Lisa! You always offer solid advice xo

10. Megala March 2, 2019

Great post! I find all your tips useful, esp. “continually learn”, which we tend to ignore.

1. Christy B March 2, 2019

The passion for learning is something that some people lose as they get older but I never want to lose that!

2. Megala March 2, 2019

Wow, this is really great!!

3. Christy B March 3, 2019

Awwww xo

11. Vessels of Vision March 2, 2019

Love this! 🦋

1. Christy B March 3, 2019

Yayyyyy! xo

12. Daralynn March 7, 2019

I’m looking for petty honestly when I say, I may as well be a ghost. LOL I’ve been an entrepreneur my entire adult life, but this social media thing is tougher than I imagined. Nice as usual!

1. Christy B March 13, 2019

Social media is a maze but just stick to a few networks where your audience is most and try to learn the basics of them ;) We can’t be everywhere online so best to focus!

2. Daralynn March 25, 2019

I meant, I’m not looking for petty. LOL thanks for the tip.

3. Christy B March 25, 2019

xo

13. Daralynn March 7, 2019

It was supposed to read, ‘I’m not looking for pitty.” See I can’t even do this right. LOL

14. Madeline Johnson March 17, 2019

love this encouraging message.

1. Christy B March 19, 2019

A little encouragement can go a long way, hopefully :)

15. theunpublishedmom March 20, 2019

Loved this article! Super encouraging and I very much appreciated it! ❤️👊

1. Christy B March 21, 2019

Loving your enthusiasm!!

16. momlifeoverit April 9, 2019

Awesome Read! Building our confidence by being a constant learner is so important. A must read for all!

1. Christy B April 10, 2019