Be Unique: 5 Ways to Express Your Individuality

Do you try your best to fit into situations but never seem to be successful? The reality is that you can reduce stress if you feel more comfortable being who you are, rather than who you are not. Being able to express your individuality can actually be fun when you realize that what sets you apart is what makes you so special. Be unique and proud of it! Doing so is easier when you use these suggestions.

1. Be True to You

Change your mindset! Every one of us has a number of impressive qualities, and it’s the ability to be unique that you ought to embrace. Uh huh, you know where we’re going here: stop worrying what other people think if you want to be a successful woman. We’ve said it before and we’ll repeat it again and again. It’s easier said than done but once you get the hang of it you’ll feel freer and more confident than ever as you express your individuality with pride.

2. Find a Hobby You Love

If you love collecting sea shells or doing yoga, don’t be afraid to tell people about it. Just because all your friends go bowling every Sunday doesn’t mean you have to do the same if you don’t want to do it. Talk to them about your interests, and you might be able to persuade a few of them to join you.

3. Fill Your Closet with Clothes You Feel Comfortable Wearing

Do you have a personal style yet? Are you still torn between vintage and contemporary, ultramodern chic or youth culture? With so many different clothing styles to choose from, it can be difficult to know what suits your personality and body best. Will it be Off-White inspired by youth culture or something more bohemian?

4. Be Unique with Home Decor

Even if you haven’t yet got a home of your own, you can still decorate your personal spaces in your preferred style. It could be your desk at the office where you display items you collect and photos of the people who are important to you. If you have limited space on your desk, then ask for a cork board or dry erase board where you can post inspirational or funny quotes. Alternatively, express your individuality by creating a chalkboard wall to display your quotes.

5. Don’t be Afraid to Speak Your Mind

What if you disagree with what everyone is saying on a particular subject? Don’t be afraid to put forward an argument to challenge it. Maybe it’s a political opinion you don’t agree with, or your friends could be making fun of someone else. If you agree with their standpoint, then that’s fine, but if you disagree then say so! Just remember to disagree and express your individuality respectfully, otherwise, you might lose friends very quickly.

When it comes to your feelings, you must be honest and upfront. Don’t worry so much about other people’s reactions but try to focus on the fact that being honest will help them understand you better.

Final Words on How to Express Your Individuality

In general, our life advice is this:

Don’t ever be afraid to take risks and accept new challenges.

Be unique and true to yourself. You will be a stronger and better YOU for it. Choosing to do things differently to everyone else is a sign of your individuality, so embrace it! The experiences in your life are what define you as a person and are what make you unique.

1. Samantha November 10, 2018

This is a great post, Christy!!

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

Aw, thanks Samantha!

2. Invisibly Me November 10, 2018

“Don’t ever be afraid to take risks and accept new challenges.” Being yourself, being fearless to express who you are, is so empowering. Fab post! :)

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

YES you totally get it xxoo

3. charlypriest November 10, 2018

Interesting.

I also know, you are a feminist! Killing good man like me with your one fist.
    Anyways, what I took out from Reading this is, ME. I don´t think about how to
    express myself, or individuality, just do what I believe is correct (most of the time, like you and her and the other her) and not think too much about it, actually my problema is that I do not think about my way that I portray (fucking rhymes) myself to others. Just fruitless.

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

To be a feminist doesn’t mean killing men…! I think you are joking with that comment…!

2. charlypriest November 12, 2018

I was, I will say that I don´t agree with your positions in some subjects, but I do what you will call ¨feminist¨ friends, I call them weirdos, one thing does not exclude the other, talking about different of opinions and the so called word.

By the way I think, at least it was in the New York Times, that you only killed 5 and a half men.

What do you consider to be a feminist? I´m not bullshiting, just curious, if you want to answer ofcourse.

3. Christy B November 12, 2018

Aha, I think this could be the read to answer your question as to what I consider to be a feminist and what it’s not (for me – it’s different for different women): https://whenwomeninspire.com/2018/05/07/all-feminists-are-not-haters/

4. charlypriest November 13, 2018

I know all feminist are not hatters, we are debating. Wich is actually good for the two neurons I have left.
      Not going to go into more, but I do think that is brave (even if I don´t completely agree with you, and that is the beauty) for you to talk and make other people aware of your thoughts.

Love ya

5. Christy B November 14, 2018

Awww, this ‘agree to disagree’ kind of respectful discussion makes my day. You rock!

4. Resa November 10, 2018

It’s great to have friends who “agree to disagree”.
    My fave hobby is the Art Gowns, but it’s hard to find friends who want to come over and sew. Lol! However, it’s a wonderful alone hobby, it’s all my time, for me. Then when it’s finished, I get to share it out here in blog world!

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

I hear you, many of my friends here in Victoria aren’t reading my blog even though I suggest it ;) So the blog world is where we find other friends with similar interests. I understand what you’re saying, Resa xo

2. Resa November 14, 2018

x :D o

3. Christy B November 14, 2018

;) xo

5. Jeri Walker (@JeriWB) November 10, 2018

I’m all about having a closet full of clothes that pass as business casual and that are also quite comfy. I will never wear something that makes me uncomfy. That being said, when I do venture out on rare clothes shopping occasion, I am in the dressing room forever. Also, I tend to decorate by putting rocks in jars or haul in bits of driftwood.

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

I am all about the comfort and nice to hear you share that with me for clothes :)

6. richa pandey November 11, 2018

Great post

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

Thanks Richa, and it’s always great to see you :)

7. Great advice Christy.. it can be tough in the face of peer pressure to exhibit individuality but that is how new trends are started… hugsx

1. Christy B November 12, 2018

Yes, great point about new trends starting from one person who separates themselves from the norm, Sally. It’s great to see you here!

8. Norah November 12, 2018

Great advice, Christy!

9. roughwighting November 14, 2018

Such an important message for all of us, but particularly for women. Right on!

1. Christy B November 14, 2018

Your positive comment is beautiful, Pam!

2. roughwighting November 15, 2018