3 Easy Tips for Better Facial Skin

In addition to staying hydrated and eating the right foods, there are many more ways to improve your facial skin. In the summer months, most people emphasize the importance of wearing sunscreen to stay protected. However, there are a few key treatments you can try in order to maintain stunningly beautiful and better facial skin. Read on for simple and effective tips for dry skin or oily.

1. Better Facial Skin: Use Spot Treatments

If pimples tend to pop up regularly, you might experience a little hyperpigmentation and scarring. In order to combat this, it’s wise to focus on spot treatments. Use an acne spot treatment that contains benzoyl peroxide in it. Wear gloves to avoid the spreading of bacteria. Wait until a pimple is large enough to gently pop it too.

Once the puss and liquid come out, apply the benzoyl peroxide treatment to an open pimple. The medicine will penetrate and heal the area. It’s wise to do this treatment before bed. The following day, use lemon juice or another natural lightener to avoid hyperpigmentation and permanent scarring of the facial skin.

Another tip is to use serums and moisturizers containing hyaluronic acid for skin-boosting effects. Click Here to uncover important facts you should know about hyaluronic acid!

Close-up of woman with open lips who could use tips for dry facial skin.

Tip: Prepare questions in advance to ask a dermatologist. Write them down on a paper. Then if you feel nervous or absent-minded during the appointment, simply refer to the paper.

2. Consult the Pros

Sometimes, there’s more to the story than meets the eye. You can try everything in your power to clear up problematic facial skin and still suffer from it. In this circumstance, it’s a wise idea to visit a practice that specializes in advanced dermatology colorado. When a professional does a few treatments and a thorough consultation, they’re able to see issues you never anticipated. They can offer great tips for dry skin too that may be itchy and rough.

Ask them as many questions as you need in order to gain clarity regarding your facial skin’s issues and how to resolve them. In this circumstance, it’s nice to sit back and allow the professionals to handle it all for you.

3. Try Masks: Tips for Dry skin and Oily

If you have oily facial skin, clay masks and charcoal masks are amazing for drawing out impurities. Oily tends to get a lot of build-up quickly, so it’s wise to apply these masks at least two to three times every week.

Tips for dry skin include using a moisture-based mask. Consider applying sheet masks to your face every night before bed. The essences and essential oils will seep in and moisturize your skin overnight.

1. Jay June 20, 2018

My skin is on point, I spend a lot of time on it and it’s worth it!

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

Woot, that’s great to hear – Not like the face in your profile pic here in the comment section lol

2. Megala June 21, 2018

Great share !

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

Hugs!

3. andrea34m June 21, 2018

I use a clay mask with cucumber once a week, and a cucmber-based face wash morning and night. I usually use a brand called Simple for moisturising my face after I wash my face, it has nothing harsh or artificial in it. Remember to use only a delicate moisturiser on your eyes, again I use Simple, and it is best to use your ring finger to apply this, moving away from the nose, as it applies the least pressure to this delicate area.

I only occasionally get spots now, and again Simple comes to the rescue with it’s Rapid Action Spot Zapper, just apply on the spot as soon as you see the spot and it should fade away in days! The most important thing to remember is to NEVER pop or burst spots, as it could scar your face.

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

It sounds like you’ve found what products work best for your skin – and that’s great! It takes some women decades before they get the best products for them. I’ve used a cucumber mask before and it was wonderfully refreshing.

4. Tena June 21, 2018

i love this!

1. Christy B June 22, 2018

Great to hear, Tena!

5. dgkaye June 22, 2018

I’ve been working on my skin since I began afraid of getting old at age 20 LOL. Don’t get me started on the myriad of beauty lotions and potions I have going on in my bathroom cabinet, but there are 2 staples I’ve used for a few decades and that’s Witchhazel for toning and cleaning of the skin after washing. It shrinks pours, cleans left behind debris and doesn’t dry out the skin because it’s natural and no alcohol. Also, I clean my makeup off with natural coconut oil. It takes everything off, leaves soft skin and has lots of healthy benefits. :) If you’ve seen my FB age, you’ll know I look pretty good for a chick at 103! LOL :) <3

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

You’re adorable :) I like natural remedies and remember you telling me the coconut oil trick before. Your “potions” as you call them are keeping your skin looking amazing xo

2. dgkaye June 26, 2018

Thanks Christy. That’s the payoff of looking after it for decades :) xx

3. Christy B June 26, 2018

Yes, that’s true xx

4. dgkaye June 26, 2018

5. Christy B July 17, 2018

♥ ~ I send so much love to you!

6. dgkaye July 18, 2018

That’s beautiful. <3 xx

7. Christy B August 3, 2018

It’s true. Have a great weekend, Debby!

8. dgkaye August 4, 2018

Happy weekend Christy! :) <3

9. Christy B August 4, 2018

Thank you!!

6. Gallantly, gal June 22, 2018

Great advice :)
    I really like the one about spot treatment.
    I already realized, as someone with super oily skin, that sheet masks… sigh… they’re just a no-go for me… I don’t really like the feel of them anyway but I have so many xD haha well… I’m sure they’re still good to use once in a while. I def prefer clay/mud masks.

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

Well at least you gave the sheet masks a try ;) Hey, they might make nice freebies for your friends or if they stay over one night you could treat them to a mini facial :)

2. Gallantly, gal June 28, 2018

True true! Those are good ideas ;)

3. Christy B July 4, 2018

Yippee, glad you’re on board with these skincare tips! 💓

4. Christy B July 17, 2018

Hope you’re having a good day!

5. Gallantly, gal July 17, 2018

Thanks, you too!

7. Sweet& nice things June 23, 2018

Great article!

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

Your support is so nice!

8. robbiecheadle June 24, 2018

Nice tips, Christy.

1. Christy B June 25, 2018

Glad you find it helpful, Robbie

9. Some good advice here, I need to use a mask more often.

1. Christy B July 17, 2018

I have face masks and find that even putting them on while I’m working at the computer can be a way to fit them in ;)

2. Sounds like a good idea.😊

3. Christy B July 17, 2018

I hope you’re having a wonderful day, Alison!

4. Yes a good day today . X

5. Have had a good day today.. thanks Christy x

6. Christy B July 17, 2018

7. Sounds like a good idea. I put one on tonight then a neighbour knocked on the door…typical!