Mother’s Day is a time to show appreciation to your mom but, well, sometimes we get choked up thinking about it. In those moments, it’s not always easy to express yourself. So, these quotes might serve as inspiration for Mother’s Day to help you come up with the words to tell her how much you love her. Alternatively, you might show her your affection with flowers, a photo collage, or another thoughtful gift.
Also, I recognize that not everyone is as close to their mom as I am to mine. For you, I hope that these inspiring quotes for Mother’s Day can bring you a smile as you think of women who you look up to and can also motivate you to keep going through any obstacles you face right now.
1. If I know what love is, it is because of you. -Hermann Hesse
2. Everything I am, you helped me to be. -Unknown
3. Mothers are the people who love us for no good reason. And those of us who are mothers know it’s the most exquisite love of all. -Maggie Gallagher
4. A woman is the full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform. -Diane Mariechild
5. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. -Unknown
6. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. -Oprah Winfrey
7. A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” -Diane Mariechild
8. You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are. -Melissa Etheridge
9. A mother understands what a child does not say. -Jewish proverb
10. I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine – she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. -Adabella Radici
Wishing all of you a beautiful Mother’s Day,
34 thoughts on “10 Inspiring Mother’s Day Quotes”
Very lovely quotes!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Superb quotes, Christy.
Lovely post, Christy. I enjoyed quotes number 5 and 6 most. Thank you.
The trick is to hand my mother a card when she hasn’t got her glasses on. I could have written “pickle pickle pickle” and she’d act all touched and get teary-eyed. Done.
Every living being was conceived
Nestled in a maternal womb,
If we reflect, then we can
Understand the great importance
From our mother.
We Honor her life’s giving
Her nurturing Love. :-)
Christy, wonderful selection of quotes here. Number five and number ten strike a particular chord with me. Hope you had a special day. xx
Beautiful quotes! Thanks for sharing Christy :)
Love these beautiful quotes. Excellent collection!
Beautiful quotes Christy. Thanks for sharing. Happy Mothers´Day.
Some really powerful quotes there. Love them.
Great quotes, Christy!
Lovely and touching, Christy.
Thank you for the lovely thought and the quotes. <3 Happy Mother's Day!
“A mother understands what a child does not say.” -Jewish proverb I love it. Thank you, Christy! Enjoy a blessed day, Beautiful Friend.
“A mother understands what a child does not say” ~ being halfway across the globe, I miss my Mom – but in a wonderful way, this post says it all.
I’m proud of mothers everywhere, I always see a little of my happiness when I come across scenes to love/happiness between a mother and her children. Beautiful. Wishing you a great day, Christy. Take care.
Beautiful quotes ! Thanks for sharing them on this Mother’s day !!
Happy Mother’s Day, everyone
Happy Mother’s Day, Christy!
Beautiful quotes, Christy. I just love your sentiments here and seeing your beautiful heart – I know your mama has to be so proud of the person you are/have become: an inspirational blogger and poet who does incredible things!!
Sending you hugs on this Sunday and wishes for the start of another fantastic week. xoxo
Great quotes, Christy. I love the Jewish proverb.
Very nice, Christy… Merci beaucoup, nous ne sommes pas toujours inspiré comme il le faudrait.
Je t’embrasse et prends bien soin de toi ma petite Christy.
Beautiful quotes dedicated to a soulful person
Wonderful quotes Christy
These are lovely quotes indeed! Happy Mother’s Day! 😊♥️
Thanks for sharing these wonderful thoughts, Christy 😊
Happy Mother’s Day, Christy!
What wonderful quotes! :)
Thank you for letting me know! May your day be wonderful <3
Aw, what a great list. Thank you for sharing, Christy. Cheers!
Very nice, Christy. :)