Mental Health Awareness Month: Spotlight on 3 Bloggers

May is Mental Health Month in the U.S., and although I’m in Canada, I still appreciate the campaign and want to blog about it. I no longer shy away from the subject of mental health like I did when I first was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. That was almost 8 years ago now. Since then I have researched about the conditions to both empower myself and help show others how they can do the same. Also, I’ve found a community of other bloggers and people in real life who also have their mental health struggles. I hope we can help one another to get through those tougher days. Here are a few mental health bloggers to spotlight in commemoration of Mental Health Awareness Month. I encourage you to follow them too.

Beckie’s Mental Mess

She had me at the title of her blog. Talk about honesty. And that’s what you’ll get with Beckie. She talks about her struggles, including her participation in an anxiety group, and encourages others to speak up about their issues. Beckie is starting great conversations on her platform. Her reblogs are always well-chosen too.

From Claire’s POV

Claire talks about a lot of topics, including highlighting the beauty in you. No, I don’t mean physical beauty but instead the soul within you. This concept is the basis of her Beyoutiful series. Her blog posts on being positive and spreading self-love do not disappoint. I also like the inviting atmosphere of her blog; you won’t feel intimidated there.

My Bipolar Mind

Samantha of My Bipolar Mind is the real deal. She is proudly 7 months sober and shares with us readers her daily ups and downs as she strives to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Depression, nightmares, flashbacks and more are the subjects of her posts. She has a personable way of writing, and I admire her candidness. It takes such courage to write as she does on her blog.

A Note to Mental Health Bloggers

To all mental health bloggers, I say thank you for sharing your experiences. Whether you have a handful of followers or thousands of them, thanks for all that you do. You may be helping readers without even realizing it! Remember, not everyone who is touched by your blog content leaves a comment. Please keep going with writing about your experiences.

In May and Beyond

As we carry through Mental Health Month this May, and beyond, no matter where we are in the world I hope that we continue to increase awareness of the cause. Let us comfort those who need it too. Please seek out professional help if you are struggling with thoughts of suicide. Please. Things will get better. And you are not alone. As a suicide attempt survivor I promise you that there are better things ahead.

♥ Christy

1. Samantha May 11, 2018

Thank you so much, Christy! This means a lot to me! May I reblog this??

1. Christy B May 11, 2018

Of course! I would be honored by it ❤ You deserve this mention, Samantha.

2. debanitaghosh May 11, 2018

Love your writing!

1. Christy B May 11, 2018

Thanks and nice to have you here :)

3. Thank you, so very much for the honorable mention. I am so humbled by this and so proud be a part of posts. Thank you, again Christy. :)

4. Tina Frisco May 11, 2018

Wonderful post, Christy. I’ve been to the edge and back myself and know how important encouragement is. Thank you for this lovely tribute ❤️

5. Miranda Koms May 11, 2018

Absolutely in love with this piece. Mental health is so important to talk about and it’s great that you’re using your platform to do so!

1. Christy B May 11, 2018

Thanks for being here! Appreciate the feedback

6. Jennifer Bennett Fry May 12, 2018

Thank you for this post – reducing mental health stigma is something I am very passionate about and I will definitely check these authors out!

7. dgkaye May 12, 2018

Great share Christy! <3

8. Invisibly Me May 12, 2018

This is a lovely way to thank and share other blogs as mental health is such an important issue – anyone blogging about it, raising awareness, sharing their own experiences should be very proud! :)

9. confessionsofabratblog May 13, 2018

Very timely! Good post btw! Thanks for sharing.

10. Amy Caudill May 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing these, Christy! What a timely post, and so very important.

11. ckubkal May 16, 2018

Shout out to mental health bloggers!! Thanks for sharing :)

1. Christy B May 16, 2018

They deserve the mentions :)

12. robbiesinspiration May 17, 2018

Thank you for this post, Christy. Every bit of advice helps. My sister struggles with depression.

13. Teagan R. Geneviene May 18, 2018

Marvelous post, Christy and terrific bloggers to feature. TGIF hugs

14. thisvetruns May 20, 2018

What a lovely post! Important message but also supporting others. Looking forward to checking them all out ❤️

1. Christy B May 22, 2018

I appreciate their writing, for sure! Great you will check them out :)

15. Fozzie June 9, 2018

Another great post Christy. The more awareness out there the better.

16. Beth Pilcher July 20, 2018

Thank you for bringing awareness to mental health issues!