Weekly Inspiration Roundup Vol. 21

We are officially in December, people! Can you believe how fast 2017 has flown by? I, for one, am in amazement still that soon we will be writing 2018 everywhere. I hope this new month brings you much happiness. May you be inspired – and inspire others! Here are the latest blog posts I’ve come across that offer inspiration. ♥

Inspiration in the blogging community

Let’s continue to inspire one another! Pexels photo (CC0).

The Power of the Smile

A smile can change the world, explains my friend at My Expression of Thoughts Blog. Smiling shows love and kindness. It has many benefits, as you’ll find out when you read the post, including boosting happiness and altering perceptions. I hope you all continue to smile :)

The Stigma on Antidepressants

I had to read this one slowly as I take an antidepressant and not everyone understands it. While there are holistic approaches – I use those too – the medication really is a good pairing with it for me. There is a stigma though surrounding taking antidepressants; it is called “pill shaming.” Find out why blogger seaofwordsx writes, it’s okay to take antidepressants or other meds for your mental illness.

Kindness Matters

Seaangel4444 (Cher) offers beautiful photography on her blog The Chicago Files. In a recent post, she took a moment away from the camera lens to remind us that kindness does matter, and it is an inspirational write that I wanted to share here. Read the post in full to get the story and may your soul warm as mine did. Cher calls it a “kindness connection.”

Stress Relief at the Holidays

Good timing for this blog post, Lisa! I’ve been following Lisa Orchard’s blog for years now and enjoy the inspirational posts (hint, hint – you ought to click the follow button too!). She offers some stress relief tips for the holidays in a new posting, and I think it will be helpful for anyone who wants suggestions for how to unwind during this busy season, including bubble baths and going for hikes.

With Adversity Comes Strength

Dr. Andrea Dinardo is a Psychology teacher, and she recently shared a bit about her first lesson for students returning to the classroom after a strike. She discusses the stress of starting over and how difficult times can give way to strength. This inspirational blog post can apply to anyone facing adversity in their lives.

Thankful for Our Bodies

I know many women who express dislike for parts of their bodies. I have moments of doing the same. This made me welcome Tashnee V. Mavee’s post about giving gratitude to your body. She writes about resisting the urge to compare our bodies to others and urges us to stop complaining to the mirror. Hear, hear!

Coaching or Therapy?

Coaching is distinct from therapy – they are not one and the same. When Madelyn Griffith-Haynie recently suggested this post from her archives as a related read to a more recent write, I had to check it out. Her blog called ADD… And So Much More! is among my must-follows. I always learn something from it! In this read, I learned that while coaching and therapy have many similarities, there are vast differences, including the role of the client or patient.

Art for Those with Disabilities

I’m an art lover! But what about a person with disabilities – Can art be made more accessible to people with disabilities? Yes, as per Damyanti Biswas’ #WATWB post. She highlights accessibility initiatives that enable people with various disabilities, from visual to mobility, to enjoy art and culture. Wonderful.

Women in Greek Mythology

Pandora, Helen of Troy, and the way Greek myths highlighted women (for better or worse) are all covered in the latest blog at La Audacia de Aquiles. It is an insightful text from Aquileana, with a wonderful story included by author Carolee Croft. I recommend the collaborative post as a way to find out more about how women were viewed by ancient writers and within Ancient Greek society.

Live for Yourself First

I would call this inspirational blog post at Vessels of Vision an open letter to women. Titled “To Every Woman,” it encourages women to be confident and independent, valuing their self-worth without making it conditional on what a man thinks or does. Let’s keep our identity strong, regardless of whether we are in a relationship or not.

1. Antony'M 37 December 1, 2017

Coucou ma petite Christy,
    Je te souhaite un très bon weekend, prends bien soin de toi.
    Bisous
    Tony

2. Lifewithhealth December 1, 2017

Truly inspirational

3. grumpygorman December 1, 2017

Yay…just what I needed. :)

4. Dr. Andrea Dinardo December 1, 2017

Thanks for sharing with your readers Christy!
    I’m excited to explore my fellow bloggers sites.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Andrea 😊

5. Shiva Malekopmath December 1, 2017

Christy a Wonderful selection of Blogs
    Shiva

6. beyo11 December 1, 2017

Really great one Mz. Christy well done!!

7. myexpressionofthoughtsblog December 1, 2017

Thank you so much for considering my post on your weekly inspirational post!! Undoubtedly other post shared are too good to read!!

8. Aquileana December 1, 2017

Thanks so much for including my post “Women in Greek Mythology”, alongside Carolee Croft´s brief story, dear Christy…. Very much appreciated.. I hope you have a very nice weekend… Sending love! <3

1. Christy B December 2, 2017

So welcome! Your collaboration deserved to be highlighted, Aqui! Enjoy your weekend too :) I’m going to be eating pizza soon, I think! Come out for a slice with me soon. Love you <3

2. Aquileana December 3, 2017

((Thank you again!)) I couldn’t make it though yesterday… I missed my flight ✈️ I hope you saved me a slice of pizza, though!. ;) Love you too, CB ♥️🌹

3. Christy B December 4, 2017

Yes, serving you leftover pizza now ~ And a Diet Coke ;) !!

9. seaofwordsx December 1, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing my post about pill shaming and why its okay to take an antidepressant. We are all in this together and together we can end this stigma ❤ Great post!

10. Carolee Croft December 1, 2017

Thanks for sharing our post, Christy! Have an awesome weekend! :)

11. Tashnee V Mavee December 2, 2017

Thank you so much dear for, finding me worthy to be amongst the blog’s you mentioned. I am honoured and grateful. May God bless you, have a lovely blessed weekend

1. Christy B December 2, 2017

Oh dear Tashnee, I have enjoyed your blog for a while now and it is my pleasure to share its beautiful message here – Blessings to you too

2. Tashnee V Mavee December 2, 2017

Thank you so much dear, May God bless you for me.

3. Christy B December 6, 2017

Blessings to you too xo

4. Tashnee V Mavee December 6, 2017

😊😊😊

12. Amy Caudill December 2, 2017

You always pick such a fascinating variety of posts for this, Christy. Thank you for all your hard work.

1. Christy B December 2, 2017

And thank YOU for being such a great support here, Amy

13. prior.. December 2, 2017

really nice selection of posts here C….I look forward to checking them out

14. badgeezer December 2, 2017

Do things that do not kill you actually make you stronger?

15. benleander December 2, 2017

I love that you talk about ‘pill shaming’. There’s such a stigma around antidepressants, people sometimes forget they are meant to be a good thing.

16. Resa December 2, 2017

Another fab round up, Christy! I was over to Kindness matters & Tashnee V. Mavee’s blog, liked, commented and followed, both… I left Mavee this https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/shall-i-compare-thee-summers-day-sonnet-18
    Aquilena’s colab with Carolee is wonderful, and I’m heading over to another blog you’ve rounded up!
    21… 2018 … SIGH
    Sending love and hugs!

1. Christy B December 6, 2017

You had me at the Shakespeare link, dear Resa xo Thanks for taking time to check out the recommended blog posts ((Happy reading))

17. Natacha December 2, 2017

Really good blog!

18. Tina Frisco December 2, 2017

Christy, this is a superb roundup of blog posts. I could say something about each one of them, but I’d be here all night! Yet … Even though I deplore Big Pharma, if a pharmaceutical helps us have a better quality of life, then no shame should be attached to taking it. I took an antidepressant for several years when I first contracted a chronic illness, and it kept me alive. People who judge others across the board are really judging themselves, not to mention showing their ignorance ❤

19. lalitkishor01 December 3, 2017

👍👍

20. Didi Oviatt - Author December 3, 2017

Great choices this week! I love the mythology post 😍

21. ks December 3, 2017

❤❤❤ i also take antidepressants. Good to know that it’s okay and bit not a reason of attention ❤

22. Sageleaf December 3, 2017

What a fantastic write up. I have at least a few tabs open with the addresses of different people you mention in this post. Thank you for this wonderful series. And yes, I can’t believe it’s December already. Where does the time go? Hehe. Sending you big hugs and wishes for a wonderful week sweet friend! Keep up the awesome work! xo

23. kelseybeagoalg December 3, 2017

What a great way to spotlight the hard work of others – it’s truly an inspired idea. I love the blogs you shared- I’ll be sure to check them out.

24. caminteriors December 3, 2017

This is Awesome Christy!

25. AmyRose🌹 December 5, 2017

Christy, thank you for these blogs. I will check them out. We all need a healthy dose of inspiration and uplifting words. Thank you! And about December. I’m still in November. LOL I am still watermarking my photos as November. Oops. You’re right. Where on earth did this year go??? ☺️

26. dreamfilleddaughter December 5, 2017

I really enjoyed your compilation of blogs, I may have to reference this multiple times when I’m in need of a boost!

27. No Purpose Club December 5, 2017

Lovely, women empowerment is such a vital issue now.

28. Valerie December 10, 2017

I love this Christy! It’s nice to have a resource like this that can connect us to other areas of inspiration! I hope this holiday season brings you tons of joy! I’d for you to check out my post as well! It’s about taking time for yourself and how important it is to learning who you are!

29. Freedom Fighters4u4s December 13, 2017

Inspirational af?!

30. Good Green Gardens December 19, 2017

Amazing round up, I appreciate your apparent efforts to be inclusive. Thank you!!

31. Karin December 20, 2017

I love this collection of blog posts! You might become part of my morning ritual. I’ve been battling with shame over taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety pill for several months. I love that you’ve posted a blog that addresses this. Much love!

1. Christy B December 24, 2017

Sending many hugs!

32. Afila Usman December 21, 2017

Hi!!

Congratulations🎉 I’ve nominated you for Liebster Award. If you are interested

All the best!

Love
    Afila Usman.

33. rupalgarg January 5, 2018

Great post.

34. phoenixraay January 12, 2018

Beautiful words! Great inspo :)

35. The Thrifty Campers January 12, 2018

I’ve seen first hand experience where art has helped one with disabilities it does wonders for one who does and gives them a way of expressing themselves.