Top 5 Health Tips for Women

Women have so much on their shoulders, and we often don’t get much of a chance to look after ourselves. With juggling work, family, home and a social life, it’s not surprising that women tend to fall ill more often than men. If you’re on a mission to keep yourself healthy and energized for everything you need to do in a twenty-four period, here are some of the top tips for women’s health.

This health advice can help her

Feel like this woman? If so, focus on improving your health, starting today. Pixabay, CC0 Public Domain.

Stay Stress Free

It’s easier said than done most of the time. After all, our lives are so busy that there are times when stress is inevitable. However, stress is one of the biggest contributors to health problems in women and men, so it’s important you do what you can to avoid it.

If you’re going through a particularly stressful time, it can help to talk to someone about it. Whether it’s a friend or a therapist, getting things off your chest can help to lighten your load. Make sure you do things to help you relax, like take a long soak in the bath or go for a run at the end of the day.

Stop Fad Diets

We’re surrounded by adverts that tell us this simple trick will help you to lose weight. It often involves diet pills, milkshakes that replace meals or fasting. These kinds of diets are no good for your body, and certainly won’t produce the energy you need to get through a day. The only diet that is good for your body is a balanced diet.

Eat plenty of fruit, veg and protein. Don’t punish yourself for having the odd piece of chocolate cake every now and then either!

Fitness and health are priorities for this woman

Exercises like yoga can improve your health, physically and mentally. CC0 Public Domain, Pixabay.

Exercise

Getting regular exercise is important. Not only because it prevents the risk of heart disease and diabetes in later years, but it can also strengthen muscle and improve your self-image. If you’re unable to exercise because of a spinal injury, you could consider laser spine surgery for your recovery.

Keeping active will help you to recover in the event of an accident. Women are often prone to back ache if they spend a lot of time with young children, but light exercise like yoga can help to alleviate pain.

Fertility

Many women are leaving it until their mid to late 30’s to start a family. That’s often because it takes until then to build a solid career or get into a good financial position to provide for a family.

However, fertility can begin to decline in early 30’s and therefore, many women can find it more difficult to get pregnant. If you’re approaching your 30’s, you might consider visiting your doctor to find out about freezing your eggs. The process isn’t painful and most clinics will freeze eggs for up to ten years.

Get it Checked

If you’re worried about any aspect of your health, you need to have a check-up with your doctor. It’s easy to ignore signs and symptoms when you’re busy, but the general rule of thumb is, the earlier you catch something, the better.

1. alexraphael June 26, 2017

Not the target audience on this one but found it interesting 👍

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

You rock :)

2. Megala June 26, 2017

Great post! Very thoughtful tips!

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

Thanks Megala! I hope your recipes are going well today :)

3. charlypriest June 26, 2017

Christy, I know you are a feminist by what you write obviously not the time we met in Calcuta to have a margarita, I still love ya though, I might disagree on somethings and don’t understand others, that’s why I pass through your blog and read some to get some understanding and later on use it for my own writing, but….damn, I forgot what I was going to say. Now I remember, I do think your blog is very helpful for your strange species….. wink wink yo I’m winking you want to wink with me?

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

Haha C ;) Winking back! I don’t remember a margarita but perhaps you’re reading into the future! I’ll admit the genders can learn from one another and we’ll do our best :)

2. charlypriest June 26, 2017

You do know…. well you know a alot, I will just say, be careful what you wish for……………..

4. PureJoy bynina June 26, 2017

Great post, thank you 😀😎😎

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

Thanks Nina :) :)

5. indianeskitchen June 26, 2017

Spot on! I especially wish women would stop these fad diets too!

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

Hi Diane, I’m COMPLETELY against fad diets. I just read a blog post about one the other day so they’re still around :(

6. Poet Rummager June 26, 2017

Always informative and helpful! I’m so glad the chocolate cake, from time to time, isn’t off limits, either. Thanks Christy! :D

1. Christy B June 26, 2017

I had a chocolate sundae yesterday ;) Really kind of you to catch up on posts here, Rose!

2. Poet Rummager June 26, 2017

Always a pleasure, Christy. xo

7. Resa June 26, 2017

So many great tips here, Christy! Over-washing hair was a big one for me, but now, not. Fad diets are gone with the wind, walking is my exercise, and that annual check up with your doctor is important, not just when something is wrong.
    It is of concern to me that many do not have a regular family doctor who can track your health, but who prefer the “Walk-in-Clinic”.

PS.TY for the shout out on your Wonder Woman post! It took me awhile to find it and comment! LOL! The comment! LOL!

1. Christy B June 28, 2017

Hi Resa, I’m so glad you caught that shout out ;) It was meant to be a surprise because, well, you deserve it <3 Over here in BC, there's a shortage of GPs (general practitioners) so many people have to go to Walk-in Clinics for help… which is costing the province a LOT (pricey!). I'm wishing our shortage of doctors and nurses would be over… Do you have that same issue in Toronto?

2. Resa June 28, 2017

Yes, we sure do have a shortage of GP’s! I’m hanging on to my doctor come hell or high water! Thanks for the reminder, I need to book my annual physical!
      I think they move to the USA where being a GP pays WAY more $.

8. InspiresN June 26, 2017

wonderful post!

9. Good reminders – thanks, Christy. The worst fad diet I EVER heard of was the Snickers & Cola diet — 3-5 days of a Coke and a Snickers bar for lunch and dinner, nothing else. Say WHAT? I actually met a woman who said she went on this “diet” any time she gained a few pounds and always lost at least 5 pounds. It would be funny if it weren’t so horrifying.
    xx,
    mgh

1. Christy B June 28, 2017

OHHH! Living on Snickers and cola?! That sounds horribly unhealthy. And can you imagine the sugar overload? Just the other day I read a blog post about a banana diet. I was sad as these fad diets are still around. Sigh, I thought we were past that. Thanks for sharing about that crazy diet that we’re both totally against! <3

2. Imagine the crash between “meals” – yikes! Not to mention what they are doing to their body’s insulin response mechanism.

The saddest part to me is the emphasis on weight – rather than an appreciation of health. But I must admit that when I was young and foolish, that was where I focused as well (just not on the Snickers & Coke diet lol)
      xx,
      mgh

3. Christy B June 29, 2017

It’s true MGH that some women focus more on vanity than health… Sigh, let’s hope that changes, but the media spotlight on “thin = pretty” is not helping things. ♥

4. I agree – it’s lousy for the health of the models as well.

I know I always like it better when magazines and ads (and internet fangirls) feature models who look like *most* of the women who buy their products.

I believe we all focus on “vanity,” however – we like to look good. Our task as a society is to reframe “looking good” AS whatever supports our positive wellness.
      xx,
      mgh

10. anamika808creative June 27, 2017

Oh…..thank you for this helpful post…!!!!

11. dimplescookbook June 27, 2017

Informative post Christy.

1. Christy B June 28, 2017

Thank you for stopping by!

12. Christy B June 28, 2017

May your day/night be wonderful, Michael! Sunshine here and I’m sending good vibes your way :)

1. OIKOS™-Redaktion June 28, 2017

Thank you very much Christy, its very kind of you. Also best wishes to you. ;-) Michael

13. dgkaye June 29, 2017

Awesome my friend! You’re rocking these posts! <3

1. Christy B June 30, 2017

Awww <3 I hope you have an awesome Canada Day!

2. dgkaye June 30, 2017

You too my Canadian friend! <3 PS I'll be off to brother's cottage early tomorrow for the weekend festivities. Wifi will be lame up there, so I won't be able to respond to comments more than late morning and some time in evening both days, just so you know I haven't abandoned ship. <3

14. divyakshah July 6, 2017

Great tips! I’m so glad I got over the fad diets phase of my life. Fertility is a big one I hadn’t considered before reading this post! :)

15. jandpliving July 6, 2017

Great post! Totally relate to this! Eating right is a big thing that helps stay nourished and healthy.

16. Fantastic advice thanks for posting :)

17. gel4ever July 22, 2017

Love these …have you tried them as well?

18. preppypinkpiglet September 7, 2017