I first noticed business coach Ms. Dori of Coachpreneur University on Instagram, and we immediately gravitated toward one another’s energy. I love her confidence and how she shares marketing tips that are usable right away. Today, she guest posts on getting the most out of content. I hope you find her content marketing formula for success to be as valuable as I do.
Double the Impact: The Simplified Content Marketing Formula for Success
Many marketers I talk to believe that content marketing is this huge, confusing puzzle.
They’re always asking themselves questions like:
- “What should I write about in my blog today?”
- “What’s the coolest topic for my YouTube channel?”
- “How can I make an awesome Instagram post today?”
- “What should I post on Facebook?”
As you can see, it’s a whirlwind of content demands!
And it’s no wonder that everyone fears the day they’ll hit a wall and run out of ideas entirely.
But as someone who’s been in the content marketing game for years, I’ve noticed this one simple content idea solution no one talks about.
Today, I’m excited to share some good news with you.
By simply shifting your perspective a bit, you’ll discover there are really only TWO TYPES of content that we, as everyday people, encounter time and time again.
If you’re ready to crack the code and keep your content marketing game strong, keep reading!
Life as a marketer is about to get a whole lot easier.
Here’s the first type of content you need to create for your business:
1. Newsletter content
So, what’s the deal with newsletter content?
I bet you’ve signed up for a few newsletters in your lifetime, maybe even a whole bunch!
Ever stopped to really think about what’s in those newsletters landing in your inbox?
The truth is, no matter what industry niche you’re into, be it fitness, life coaching, or something else, you’ll usually find the same content ideas popping up:
- News and updates: The latest scoop on events, changes, or achievements within the company or industry.
- Blog posts and articles: Freshly published pieces offering insights, opinions, or advice on relevant topics.
- Product or service announcements: Introducing new offerings, updates, or improvements.
- Upcoming events: Info on webinars, conferences, workshops, or other events you might dig.
- Special offers and promotions: Exclusive deals or discounts for newsletter subscribers like you
- Tips and how-to guides: Educational content to help you solve problems, learn new skills, or level up your life.
- Case studies and success stories: Showcasing how their products or services have made a difference for clients or customers.
- Interviews and profiles: Chats with industry experts, thought leaders, or company employees for unique perspectives and insights.
- Debunking common misconceptions: Setting the record straight!
- Surveys and polls: Engaging readers by asking your opinions, gathering feedback, or measuring satisfaction.
By now, I’m sure you’ve probably got a good handle on what newsletter content is all about.
If you haven’t already, I suggest you take a look at the newsletters in your inbox – I bet you’ll find these exact types of content!
Now, when it comes to creating your own newsletter, I’ve got an important writing tip for you.
Essential Writing Tips for Success
You see, once people sign up for your newsletter, they move from being a cold audience to a warm one, and eventually, you’d want to turn them into a hot audience.
But hold on, what exactly are warm and hot audiences? And if there’s warm and hot, there must be cold too, right?
Absolutely! A warm audience refers to prospects who have some level of awareness and interest in what you offer, which is why they subscribed to your newsletter in the first place.
It’s essential to nurture this audience, building trust and affinity to help them transition from warm to hot.
To achieve this, consider sharing your personal journey and using stories to engage your subscribers. Remember, people don’t want to feel lectured; they want to connect and resonate with you.
By incorporating personal anecdotes and experiences into your content, you’ll foster a sense of trust and relatability with your audience.
A hot audience, as the name suggests, is primed and ready to buy from you.
At this point, they’re familiar with your brand and more open to making purchases, upselling, or referring others. I’ll discuss the types of content you can create for a hot audience shortly.
As for writing for a cold audience, like when you’re making a YouTube video, the focus should be on delivering top-notch educational content more than anything else. At this stage, your audience may not be all that interested in your personal stories, as they’re primarily seeking valuable information.
Now that we got this newsletter content out of the way, it’s time to take a look at the 2nd type of content you need to be creating.
2. Launch content – My Effortless 5-step Strategy
At this point, things just keep getting easier.
So, what exactly is launch content?
It’s a sequence of content you put together to guide your readers from having limited knowledge about their problems to addressing their objections and, ultimately, demonstrating why your product is the perfect solution for them.
Why is priming necessary?
Well, simply asking people to buy just isn’t going to work! People need a little TLC and a dose of info before they open their wallets. That’s where the magic of some good ol’ launch content works its charm!
Here’s the foolproof 5-step strategy I follow every time I launch something:
- Myth-busting time! – Kick-off by tackling a common misconception in your industry and gear up to debunk it.
- Dissecting the myth – Dive deeper into the myth, presenting compelling evidence to back up your viewpoint. Convince your readers that the myth is bogus, supporting your claims with persuasive proof, and tease your solution at the end, which will help them overcome the challenges linked to the myth.
- Product announcement – Unveil your product or service as the long-awaited solution, emphasizing its perks and features, and clarify why they should pick you.
- Case studies – Showcase real-life examples and success stories of customers or clients who have reaped the rewards of your product or service. This will prove the worth and efficacy of your offering.
- Cart open – Lastly, declare that the cart is open, and your product or service is up for grabs.
Does this sound familiar?
These are the very same newsletter content bits you’d usually get.
But here’s the twist: during a product launch, these emails are masterfully lined up in a particular order.
That’s right; they’re pretty much two peas in a pod.
So, instead of tearing your hair out trying to develop brand new content for your launch, just build on those amazing ideas you’ve likely already cooked up and arrange them in a captivating sequence.
And as I always say, don’t just start priming your customers a mere two weeks before your launch. Give them the content they’ve been hungering for months, or even a whole year, in advance!
Of course, it goes without saying that your product should be a fantastic offer designed to help people tackle their everyday challenges.
Avoid the same content creation mistakes others make
Suddenly, you now feel like you’ve unlocked a goldmine of content ideas.
But here’s where many marketers go wrong: after creating a piece of content, they just move on to the next one without a second thought.
Don’t let that be you! Instead, remember to repurpose each piece of content you craft, making the most of every fantastic creation you’ve poured your heart and soul into.
Curious about content repurposing? CLICK HERE to check out my blog post on How to MULTIPLY one piece of content into MANY social media posts.
You next move
Content marketing doesn’t have to feel like a chore when executed correctly. It’s a free and incredibly valuable asset for your business.
Turn it from a burden into a potent strategy by thoughtfully planning your content.
The best part? This blog post has all the content ideas you’ll ever need.
I hope this post has put your mind at ease. If you have any questions about planning your content marketing strategy, please don’t hesitate to comment or reach out. I’ll be more than happy to help you.
Now, all that’s left is for you to take action, remain consistent, and before you know it, you’ll be a content marketing expert!
About today’s writer, Ms. Dori (Coachpreneur University)
Ms. Dori is an entrepreneur and business coach who will help you build a passionate coaching business where you get paid to share your knowledge in a joyful way without having to trade all your time for dollars.
Get this FREE Email Course to learn the secret to social media success
Top photo: Meet Ms. Dori. Photo used with her permission.