Want to #BalanceforBetter on International Women’s Day 2019?

It’s March 8th and that means it’s International Women’s Day 2019. Last year was #PressforProgress and this year’s theme is #BalanceforBetter. Let’s delve into what that means exactly.

What is #BalanceforBetter?

As always, International Women’s Day offers a great opportunity to celebrate women’s accomplishments and push for gender equality globally, including in the wages area. So I stand behind the annual campaign that happens worldwide. After all, I consider my reason for being is to help women. It is my life purpose.

To better understand the 2019 theme #BalanceforBetter, I went right to the source. As the main website for International Women’s Day 2019 explains, “Balance drives a better working world. Let’s all help create a #BalanceforBetter.”

So, this year is about gender balance.

That term can apply to not only the disproportionate pay between genders but also the noticeable absence of women in leadership roles and STEM. While gaps are narrowing, there’s still a ways to go.

To strive for a world with gender balance is important not just because it’s morally right but also because it’s what’s best for everyone, in my opinion. Only when we have an environment that encourages people of all genders to be at their best can our world truly be all that it can be. And that’s where the “Better” in #BalanceforBetter comes in.

When women are on an equal playing field to men, the world will be able to breathe fully – that’s politically, socially, economically, and culturally. When there’s equal opportunity, think of all the wonderful voices we’ll be able to hear clearly and the learning that can happen! The world can be amazing for everyone in it.

#BalanceforBetter for International Women's Day 2019

Let’s speak up about gender inequality for change!

#BalanceforBetter Year Round

While International Women’s Day 2019 will get a lot of press online this week and maybe even next week, I encourage you to keep the momentum alive for #BalanceforBetter the rest of the year. Even right up until March 8th of next year. And then again with the new theme of 2020, and so on.

Why? Because we all are necessary forces in achieving gender equality on a global scale. While places like Iceland are in some ways more forward thinking about women, there is still so much to do! We can’t stop trying to achieve gender balance. So let’s each try to #BalanceforBetter.

And that doesn’t mean you have to start a charity. Or a blog like I did to celebrate women’s achievements and provide useful tips to living the fullest life possible. Instead it’s about supporting women and cheering them on when you see something amazing or a moment of courage in a female. It’s about uplifting women daily. It could be that you send a note to someone saying you thought something she did was exceptional. Do you know how that can transform her day? Imagine if we each did that today. Wow.

On International Women’s Day 2019 and Beyond

We each have things we are passionate about. It might be art, such as painting, or a sport, such as basketball. Whatever it is for you I encourage you to look at how you can transform it to #BalanceforBetter for everyone.

For example, do you notice that there are few women volunteering at your church? Or is there a noticeable hesitation among females in the boardroom of your company that keeps them from speaking up?

Maybe you have a friend who says she doesn’t consider herself “beautiful” in any way. There are many ways to lift up females around us, not tear them down with words or violence, no matter what is your career or social status. So let’s do exactly that. And we all stand to benefit from the results, no matter our gender.

And I encourage you to do so, not only today on International Women’s Day 2019 but throughout the year. That’s the only way we will be able to #BalanceforBetter.

♥ Christy

1. Great post, Christy! Thank you so much for your support and encouragement on your amazing blog! You do such an exceptional job every day with raising women’s voices. Have a wonderful weekend!

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

Oh Ka, your words humble me. You are a blessing, and I hope your weekend is beautiful!

2. Hi Christy! I meant what I wrote 🙂 and appreciate what you do. Thank you, and have a beautiful weekend, too!

3. Christy B March 9, 2019

My heart feels full xxoo

2. Fashion bloom March 8, 2019

Great job💕💕💕

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

Thank you and hoping you enjoy the day :D

3. lovezenenergy March 8, 2019

Thanks for the inspiration Christy! Balance starts with women supporting each other!

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

YES!! Wishing you an amazing rest of the day!

4. Laleh Chini March 8, 2019

Happy women’s day ❤️

1. Christy B March 9, 2019

I hope you had a wonderful day!!

2. Laleh Chini March 9, 2019

Thanks so much dear.❤️

3. Christy B March 11, 2019

xo

5. Great post, I love how you offer such amazing support to women and work so hard to uplift. Thank you!

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

Thank YOU for this feedback. It’s comments like this one that truly keep me going.

6. Resa March 8, 2019

Happy International Women’s Day, Christy! ♀︎♀︎♀︎
    I picked up the book today! How befitting is that? It’s the 3rd edition. Even the introduction is fab. The message is the message! ❦❦❦

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

Talk about the perfect day to get the book, Resa! Happy women’s day sweetheart xo

2. Resa March 8, 2019

So very exciting!

3. Christy B March 9, 2019

Hope the reading goes well :)

7. Aquileana March 8, 2019

I didn’t know each Women’s day is supposed to have its own theme!. Interesting… When did that started? Great post and thanks for your contribution, CB 🔝✔️ happy Women’s Day 😘❤️👌

1. Christy B March 8, 2019

I love seeing you here, Aqui! Yes each year has a theme and each year the purple color shines bright :) I have violet nail polish on right now! I’m not sure when the theme started to be honest – I believe the UN began celebrating the day on March 8th in the 1970’s. Happy women’s day, dear star you!! <3

2. Aquileana March 10, 2019

Thanks for the comment 👌 Let’s celebrate Women’s Day everyday, fighting for definitive equality 💛… (love that violet nail polish, BTW, a very symbolic color, when it comes to Women’s achievements) hugs 🤗😘

3. Christy B March 11, 2019

Aqui, you’re so special. Thanks for the hugs, they warm me up! Brrrr cold weather here. Love you! xo

4. Aquileana March 12, 2019

Awww. xoxo, 😘 love you back, CB ♥️💛♥️

5. Christy B March 12, 2019

Thanks sweetie!! xo

6. Mabel Kwong March 9, 2019

I also didn’t know each Women’s Day had a theme. So interesting to know. It is a much needed day for those of us who identify as women. Agree with you there should be equal opportunity for all of us. It’s not about competing with each other but working towards making everyone included and letting their strengths shine. Great post again, Christy <3

7. Christy B March 9, 2019

Thanks Mabel for replying to Aqui and also for providing such a positive comment here to encourage women. I’m blessed to know so many inspiring females, including you two!

8. Aquileana March 10, 2019

😘🤗😘

8. peggywds March 9, 2019

You are so right, Christy. We need to be supportive of one another every day of the year!

1. Christy B March 9, 2019

I appreciate seeing this comment from you, Peggy!!

9. dgkaye March 9, 2019

Thanks for being an empowering and inspiring person all year long Christy. Happy International Women’s Day <3

1. Christy B March 9, 2019

Awe, Debby. Thinking that you see me as empowering and inspiring means a LOT to me. I value your opinion very much.

2. dgkaye March 10, 2019

You absolutely are. Look at your inspirational blog always uplifting and finding the good in all you post to enlighten us. <3 xx

3. Christy B March 11, 2019

Now it’s my turn to smile big :D

4. dgkaye March 12, 2019

10. Norah March 17, 2019

I like a little more balance may lead to a more peaceful world, Christy. We all need to be part of the change we want to see in the world. What a great celebration.

1. Christy B March 19, 2019

Your comment is beautiful, Norah. It reflects your amazing heart.

2. Norah March 19, 2019

Thank you, Christy. I’m sorry I made an error in my well-intentioned comment, but as long as you understood it, that’s what matters.

3. Christy B March 20, 2019

Absolutely, Norah xxoo

11. Bette A. Stevens March 19, 2019

Excellent article, Christy. Happy Women’s Day every day, my friend! <3

1. Christy B March 20, 2019

Awww thanks Bette, and always to you too!!