The Only 5 Weight Loss Friendly Foods You Need to Know About

Hi, this is Jasmine. The New Year is rapidly approaching, so if you’ve been waiting for the “perfect moment” to start your weight loss journey, this is it. Besides taking up regular exercise, you should reconsider your dietary choices as well and introduce mostly those foods to help in your mission. To that end, here is a list of some of those weight loss friendly foods.

You will see that dieting doesn’t need to involve starving at all; it just takes choosing the right foods. The following foods can not only help you shave excess pounds but they also boost your overall health.

1. Whole Grains

As opposed to refined grains, whole grains are essential as they provide you with fibers and protein. The best options are:

• Rice
  • Oats
  • Quinoa

Quinoa is an especially excellent choice as it is full of amino acids but low in calories. And you can use this first option on the list of weight loss friendly foods in many delicious dishes. Oatmeal is a perfect choice for quick breakfasts that will keep your energy levels stable and hunger away. It will benefit your metabolism as well, which is a plus when aiming for weight loss.

2. Yogurt

Even if you’re not a fan of yogurt, consider including it in your shopping list of weight loss friendly foods. Despite your intuition, try to go for full-fat yogurt as it is correlates negatively to obesity – and to cardiovascular disease too.

Also, yogurt has live active cultures that help preserve your gut health. Furthermore, yogurt is one of the foods includable in a diet after gastric sleeve surgery, a few weeks after the procedure. With all of these things going for it, you might want to pick up some to eat daily.

bottle bowl breakfast

3. Fish

Fish is known to be very healthy, but it can also be a good idea when you want to control your weight. Besides the good amount of protein it provides, fish also has nutrients that contribute to metabolic health.

Certain types of fish, such as salmon, contain relatively few calories but loads of essential omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation. That’s important as inflammation can be a culprit in obesity. But many people don’t eat nearly enough of this type of weight loss friendly foods. In particular, tuna is a great choice because of its high-protein, low-calorie combo.

4. Eggs

Eggs are a good go-to breakfast if you want to avoid any before-lunch munchies and prevent those excess calories from adding up. That’s why it’s one of the top weight loss friendly foods to mention here. Eggs contain:

• Protein
  • Healthy fats
  • Antioxidants

Plus, they help you feel full throughout the day without filling you up with lots of carbs and calories. The most important thing is: never skip the yolk, as most of the good stuff is in that part.

5. Fruit

Fruits should be an integral part of everyone’s diet as they carry lots of vitamins and nutrients, as well as much-needed fibers. Moreover, foods with a low energy density, such as fruit and vegetables, can help with losing weight. Pay attention to which fruits you choose, though, as not all of them are created equal; some contain considerably more carbs than others.

assorted diet edible

Grapefruit, for instance, is considered one of the best fruits that are weight loss friendly foods. A study shows that having one half of this fruit before each meal not only reduces cholesterol levels but also might take an inch off your waist. Another fruit to always keep in your pantry is lemon. The benefits of lemon include:

• Provide all the vitamin C necessary for the day,
  • Help you lose weight by reducing stress hormone levels, and
  • Provide you with polyphenols

As you can see, a healthy and weight loss friendly diet will keep you more than satisfied. Going for whole instead of refined grain is already a great step, but make sure you make each (or at least most) of the things on this list a part of your diet. Your wellbeing will thank you, and you might see some results soon.

Do you regularly include weight loss friendly foods in your meals?

About the Writer

Jasmine Anderson is a lifestyle and beauty blogger in Australia. She is an incurable daydreamer, who finds inspiration in little, everyday moments. Spending time at her cozy home office with her two cats, writing her blog, is her favorite thing in the world.

Note: Before changing how you eat, always consult with a doctor to make sure it’s the right step for you.

1. themeagermodernmom January 3, 2019

I love it! So simple and easy to do. And not just for weight loss, for life long health and disease fighting!

2. Peggy Woods January 3, 2019

This is good advice. I would add one more item to the list and that would be vegetables. Most vegetables provide good fiber as well as nutrients and the majority of them are low in calories. Cheers to a healthy new year!

3. Sue Dreamwalker January 3, 2019

Wonderful Share at this time of year when everyone has ate their fill over Christmas..
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year Christy, Love and well wishes your way my friend :-)

4. Anishad Y January 3, 2019

Thanks for informative post i subscribed your blog from last 6 months and i love to read your latest blog posts and keep giving some important messages for our daily life.

5. MomsCandidConversations January 3, 2019

Your post is making me hungry for healthy foods!! mmm thanks for sharing!

6. simplywendi January 3, 2019

Happy New Year Christy! Bless you and all you do…..

7. Tessa January 3, 2019

2019, Happy New Year…it’s great to know we have Christy starting us on our way to a healthy, happy year. Love the info, and love all the suggestions.

8. Jill Weatherholt January 3, 2019

I eat two hardboiled eggs every morning, with yoke. My cholesterol is perfect. Great post!

9. Francina January 3, 2019

Thanks for sharing, Christy, have a wonderful, inspiring and happy new year! ❤️

10. countryheartspark January 3, 2019

I agree with your points except a couple things. I would also like to add vegetables and meats daily. However I have cut out all grains when I was diagnosed insulin resistant. My dietitian has me on a Low Carb High Fat diet for the last several months. Since I stopped eating grains including bread rice & pasta, I have felt so much better, with no nausea. I have had a small weight loss without really trying as a bonus. I probably eat more food but better food choices. And I don’t feel hungry. But I am only allowed 1 piece of fruit per day due to natural sugars. I was also pleased to see that you encourage full-fat yoghurt, as a lot of people don’t. Low-fat varieties of food contain more sugar. I have learnt that it is sugar that puts weight on, not fat. I love salmon so try to include it regularly too. Good article, thank you.

11. Norah January 3, 2019

Great choices for health as well as weight loss. The only one of these I don’t have is grapefruit as it is not compatible with my medication.

12. thelonelyauthorblog January 4, 2019

I had no idea about the eggs. Thanks

13. Laura Beth January 4, 2019

Great post! I work hard to find new, healthier recipes for my husband and I. Thank you!

14. Bridget M. January 5, 2019

Love this!!!! Fruit, yogurt and eggs always help me to feel full and satisfied! Thank you for this :)

15. robbiesinspiration January 5, 2019

I am pleased to note that these are all foods I favour and eat plenty of.

16. TeaTox101 January 6, 2019

Love it, Thank you!

17. seannyboypt January 9, 2019

Great post! These are great to kick start the beginning of the year :)

18. Yeah, Another Blogger January 9, 2019

Hi Christy. Three or four years ago I had no idea what quinoa is. Now, my wife and I eat a lot of it. Good stuff!

Neil

19. myexpressionofthoughtsblog January 10, 2019

This is good advice and well advice for good health.

20. marlon January 15, 2019

Omg i did it! I was sweeting like crazy but i did it though the whole 😀 it was wroth it! Plz like this comment beacuse i made it the whole way.Another great breakfast meal i made. All you do is mash bannana in a bowl add tons of berries and greek yogurt and plain oatmeal and organic peanut butter sounds wierd but taste amazing and is really good for you

21. ayearofpositiveparenting January 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing this post. It’s so helpful and great to know egg yolk is good for you, that’s my favourite bit. Happy New Year!

22. Asline Blanc January 17, 2019

Great article Christy!

23. chantalisgluten6 January 20, 2019

I would like to add an organic matcha green tea also promotes healthy weight loss :)

24. mary anderson January 28, 2019

thanks for sharing its very helpful for those who are interested in weight loss and i guess cardio is also very important for weight loss :)

25. Marcio Rocon January 31, 2019

Adding cinnamon powder in your drinks helps burn calories. Cinnamon is a great thermogenic!

26. making a blogger February 24, 2019

Great advice. It seems so easy to eat a healthy balanced diet but in reality when we are faced with so much sugar and processed foods convenience foods sometimes win. Thank you for this article!

27. Sprinkle of Charm April 5, 2019

Awesome tips on healthier food choices, thanks for sharing!!

1. Christy B April 5, 2019

And thank YOU for the enthusiastic comment!