5 Ways to Detox Naturally from Chemicals (Without Feeling Miserable)

Are you starting to worry about the number of chemicals in your life? From the shampoo you use to the air you breathe, chemicals are entering your body. Unfortunately, it’s just a fact of modern life. But when we cut back on toxic intake, our bodies can work to naturally flush out more of the toxins we have stored in fat. You read that right: The body stores whatever toxins it cannot remove in fat tissue. Scary, right? So, detox naturally from chemicals and still enjoy life with these suggestions, including details on the amount of water to drink.

1. Avoid Alcohol and Tobacco

If you’re currently in the habit of ingesting toxins through alcohol or cigarette smoke, it’s time to stop. This isn’t the first thing people consider for how to detox naturally, but it’s an important one. Whenever you drink alcohol, your body must work overtime to flush it out of your system.

Furthermore, it can take longer than you think to detox alcohol completely. Thus, your body’s natural detoxification system is busy. It can’t handle any more stress, so whatever other toxins come your way will store as fat.

2. Drink More Water

Your body is designed to flush out toxins through waste. Ways it does so include urination, defecation, and sweat. For all these things, your body needs hydration.

So if you want to support your body’s natural detoxification methods, make sure that you drink enough water. Since everyone’s hydration needs vary, it can be difficult to recommend a set amount of water to drink in a day. But, as a general rule, this formula is one to follow for the amount of water to drink daily to help naturally detox from chemicals:

• First, determine your body weight
  • Cut the number in half
  • Drink that amount of water in ounces
  • So, if you weigh 110, drink 55 ounces of water every day

3. Clean Up Your Diet

It might surprise you how many chemicals you consume through diet. Even if you eat a whole foods diet, you could get undesirable toxins through produce, dairy, and meat. Thus, whenever possible, eat organic foods and avoid processed food like the plague.

4. Detox Naturally from Chemicals through Exercise

Exercise can help expedite the removal of toxins from your system. Therefore, it’s a good addition to any plan to naturally detox from chemicals. Sweat is one method by which your body releases toxins, so try to get in a daily workout. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water too!

5. Cut Out Caffeine

There are mixed opinions on whether caffeine is good or bad for your body, but one thing is certain: there are healthier ways to start your mornings. As soon as you wake up, have a glass of warm water with lemon juice.

Lemon juice acts as a digestive aid and helps clean the liver. Since your body does some of its best natural detox work at night while you sleep, this is a great treat for the liver in the morning. And if you’re also trying to lose weight, lemon juice can help because it increases the body’s metabolic rate. All around, it’s a beneficial way to start each morning.

In conclusion, now you likely realize that your body will detox naturally from chemicals on a regular basis. In fact, it’s probably doing it right now. But it’s difficult for our bodies to keep up with the constant flow of toxins that come our way. For this reason, it’s helpful to take a break from as many toxins as we can. Let’s allow our bodies do what they do best.

1. dancingpalmtrees December 11, 2018

I started adding fresh lemon to my green tea Daily. I have digestive problems and the lemon does help.

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Plus, lemon is tasty ;)

2. dancingpalmtrees January 5, 2019

True.

2. khojinindia.com December 11, 2018

that’s nice and every woman should be follow things.. thanks for the suggestion good article….

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Only if it suits their body though, as every woman is different… Thanks for visiting :)

3. dancingpalmtrees December 11, 2018

I also drink lots of water and try to stay away from sugary beverages. Fortunately I never smoked and I don’t drink coffee or soda. Though sometimes I have a ginger ale. When the weather is good I take walks even if only around the block.

Limited Fasting helps to detoxify the system. Usually I fast for religious reasons but eating only one meal a day for a few days gives my digestive system a much needed rest.

4. thelonelyauthorblog December 11, 2018

I have several glasses of water with lemons throughout the day.
    Giving up the coffee would be tough.

1. Christy B March 3, 2019

I have reduced how much coffee I have a day from 2 cups to 1. I can’t do without it either :X

5. Megala December 11, 2018

Great share! It is indeed vitally important to eliminate chemicals from our body.

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

I love your positivity!

6. crunchfitnessblog December 11, 2018

Hey!
    If you are interested in similar content, go check u out.!!

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Thanks

7. richa pandey December 11, 2018

Knowledgeable post Christy 👍

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Hi Richa, I hope you’re enjoying a nice start to 2019 :)

2. richa pandey January 8, 2019

Yes and wishing you a very Happy New Year 2019 Christy 😊

8. countryheartspark December 12, 2018

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to drink more water at the moment. I was interested in working out how much water to drink, so thank you.

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

So glad this read helped :)

9. robbiesinspiration December 13, 2018

Great advice, Christy. Sharing

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Your shares are always appreciated, Robbie.

10. Willow Croft December 13, 2018

I’ll try that lemon water. I love my morning tea, though. Ironically, I just attended an event last night titled “Keeping Up Requires More than Coffee.” :-D

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Yes we can’t rely on caffeine too much I suppose… ;)

11. Amy Caudill December 14, 2018

Thanks for the tips, Christy! I didn’t realize that it was possible to “detox” by doing all these things we should be any way.

1. Christy B January 5, 2019

Yes it’s nice that way… Thanks Amy :)