The Ladies of The Last Jedi

For the fellow Star Wars lovers in the house! Lovin’ the female strength shown in this post from Jessica Kwazz.

1. Tony Burgess January 10, 2018

Love me some Kelly Marie Tran. She lit up the screen in this.

1. Christy B January 10, 2018

Totally get it!

2. Chris January 10, 2018

Ruined the series for me. I think they took the artistic liscence out of the movie and laced it with social liberty. I was left feeling brow beat. I am not the only one. The only thing they didn’t do was slam Trump, insult Jesus, or push Oprah. But I expected that those scenes were cut on the last edition.

3. Laina Eartharcher January 10, 2018

Awesome post! I’m a big Star Wars fan, too 😁💓💓

4. lifeinkarolingston January 10, 2018

I really like this post, as I’m Star Wars huge fun myself!

5. Viola Bleu January 11, 2018

Don’t throw eggs and tomatoes at me, I’ve just washed my hair, but I don’t like Star Wars 😱😱
    However, I love Leia and all that she stood for (and her legacy will continue). Strong women, for me, is not about the toned abs on instagram and front covers of magazines (although I respect them for their dedication to their bodies; in just too lazy) but instead women who have good self esteem and won’t allow society, or men, or parents or children to knock that.
    I’m still learning how … but I’m getting there 💃🏼

6. Amy Caudill January 11, 2018

Love this Christy! Thanks for sharing.

7. Mr. Wapojif January 11, 2018

Star Wars has, for the most part, had strong female characters in there, which is awesome. The same for another big name director – James Cameron. All of his films pretty much led by women, which is doubly awesome. Aliens is fab, too.

8. Linnea Tanner January 11, 2018

Thanks for sharing, Christy. Leia will always be my favorite female Star Wars character because she was introduced in the 1970’s and was such an important part of the original series when actresses didn’t traditionally get these kind of roles. I have to admit that I really dislike the new Star Wars movies as they’ve lost their mythic qualities of Joseph Campbell’s hero’s journey.

1. Christy B January 12, 2018

The latest movie is receiving quite a bit of flack for its plot holes too, Linnea. You make a great point about the original opportunities being ones that women typically didn’t receive – so that was refreshing! I appreciate your taking time here.

9. Carolee Croft January 11, 2018

Awesome! As you know, I’m a fan of warrior women. I haven’t seen the new Star Wars yet, but this is a good incentive to go.

1. Christy B January 30, 2018

Oooh if you see the new Star Wars, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it!

10. rollyachabotbooks January 13, 2018

Hi Christy…

The strong roles of female characters in the entire series have been memorable… stay well…

Hugs from Alberta

11. Jay January 21, 2018

It’s so great that we an even make a list like this!

1. Christy B January 30, 2018

OMG great comment, Jay :)