Getting The Best Night’s Sleep: What You Need To Know

Experts recommend that we try to get at least eight hours of sleep each night. People who don’t spend enough time with their eyes closed in bed could experience many unwanted effects. For instance, you might notice that you become overly tired or confused at work. You could also lose your appetite and develop mental health conditions. With that in mind, this post offers some tips everyone can use.

Rest at night

Getting a good night’s sleep needn’t be an elusive thing! Pexels photo (CC0 License).

Exercise in the evening

Working out when you get home from work is an excellent idea if you want to improve your sleeping patterns. While you could purchase a gym membership, nothing is wrong with using the latest fitness DVDs. Your goal is to use any excess energy before it’s time to close your eyes.

Invest in a memory foam mattress

Sometimes issues relating to comfort can prevent people from getting a decent sleep each night. So, you might think about investing in an upmarket memory foam mattress. Those items are perfect for people who suffer joint conditions like arthritis because they provide more support than the traditional solution.

Get into a healthy routine

Making sure you wake up at the same time every morning and go to bed at the same time each night will make your life easier. Once you get into a healthy routine, you likely will notice that you struggle to keep your eyes open past your bedtime.

If you need more advice on the best ways of getting a decent night’s sleep, just take a look at the infographic published below. Good luck!

Designed by bestproductspro.com

1. Nicole Joan December 13, 2017

Awesome

2. macjam47 December 13, 2017

Great tips, Christy. Proper sleep has eluded me ever since the police came to the door after we had gone to bed to let us know that Greg had passed away in Atlanta. It’s a struggle to keep my mind from going back to that night. I use relaxation techniques every night.

3. paulliverstravels December 13, 2017

I gave up evening boxing classes because they got my nervous system so wired up that I couldn’t sleep. Unfortunately, then the teacher ended the weekend afternoon classes, so that was the end of boxing for me.

4. Colline December 13, 2017

My sleep has definitely improved since I started doing Zumba. My gym membership is money well spent.

5. dimplescookbook December 13, 2017

Simple workout or a good evening walk helps to sleep quick. But Yoga really helps in relaxing mind and body.

6. syl65 December 13, 2017

Great suggestions, Christy. I sleep short hours due to work. Techniques here worth investing in.

7. Resa December 13, 2017

Agree with everything…. I’m thinking of that my pillow guy on tv. I need a new pillow.

1. Christy B December 19, 2017

I swapped out pillows recently and it took a while to adjust but it has really improved my sleep quality. Make new pillows a Christmas present to yourself! xo

8. robbiesinspiration December 13, 2017

Now I know why I am irritable at the moment, Christy. I am not getting enough sleep because I am so stressed at work. Thank goodness the holiday period is nearly here.

9. seaofwordsx December 13, 2017

Thank you so much! Great tips. I need to apply this because my sleep routine is messed up.

10. Stevie Turner December 14, 2017

I can vouch for the comfort of a memory foam mattress. Once you have laid on one, you won’t want to sleep on anything else!

11. Ben Aqiba December 14, 2017

Hi christy,

great tips as always. Thank you

12. Jill Weatherholt December 14, 2017

Great tips, Christy! I recently started taking Valerian Root in the evening and my sleep has been much more sound.

13. Megala December 14, 2017

Great tips ! I do follow relaxation techniques and it works well for me !!

14. Teagan R. Geneviene December 14, 2017

Sigh…. for good sleep. I’m getting all Hamlet-y… to sleep, perchance to dream… ;) Have a thriving Thursday, Christy!

15. followurplan December 14, 2017

Reblogged this on Follow My Journey and commented:
    I think sleep is so important, so I thought this post was amazing!
    Dream Big!
    Love Nadia.

16. Cooky Wright December 14, 2017

My bed sucks! I need a memory foam mattress!

17. Sparkling Dawn December 14, 2017

I took going to bed and sleep for granted in the past. How I miss going to bed when I wanted to and being able to sleep all night long. Life as a carer has changed that. Going to my own bed now is a luxury and if I get to sleep all night I feel amazing the next day 😊

18. Amy Caudill December 15, 2017

We have a sleep number bed; it really helps!

19. John Fioravanti December 15, 2017

Wow! I really have my work cut out for me, Christy!

20. Matteo February 25, 2018

This is one of the challenges of our time – to switch off, put down the phone and get a good night’s sleep. So vital.