Weekly Inspiration Roundup, Volume 11

It’s Friday! Are you ready to go dancing with me? I think you ought to come along! It’s been a busy week but a fun one, including writing a lot, watching a live taping of CVV TV, and going to a hot tub. If you’re wondering about hot-tub therapy, check out Madelyn Griffith-Haynie’s The Laziest Exercise Tactic Believed to Work. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Now onto the latest inspirational blog posts from all of you wonderful peeps:

Sally’s Media Training for Authors

For the authors in the house, you will likely nod with me when I say that we are marketers in addition to writers. Getting your book noticed may seem difficult but it’s easier when you have the inside scoop on how to effectively write press releases. Learn more about it with Sally Cronin’s Media Training for Authors post that tells you exactly how to get your foot in the door.

Inspiring reads from bloggers

Reads that inspire, from around the blogging community. Pixabay, CC0 Public Domain.

Deep Thoughts From Loretta

OK, Loretta has one of my fave blogs. It’s called Countdown to 60. Follow it to find out more about her journey to her 60th birthday. In a recent post called Deep Thoughts, Loretta talks about her findings in a Facebook group of women around her age, including their being smart and opinionated, along with sharing some challenges. Find out why she writes, “But there are many sides, all of which are right” by reading the post.

No Boundaries… With Vessels of Vision

I never know what quote or image awaits me when I visit Vessels of Vision. In this post No Boundaries…, the subject is empowered women. Hello, this is a topic I’m so passionate about (as you know!). “Empowered women have no boundaries…” is one of the great lines in this valuable and inspiring blog post.

Laina Finds Her Island

At The Silent Wave, Laina Eartharcher shares her insights and experiences as a woman with Asperger’s. Her writing is consistently sweet, brave, and intelligent. I love how much I learn too from her posts, although sometimes my heart breaks for the misunderstandings others have of Asperger’s. In this blog entry, Laina shares about her “year 2” into finding her community or “island” and feeling a sense of belonging. It is a heartwarming read.

Inspirational Quote Time

With a blog name of InspiresN, you know it’s going to have to make my blog roundup at some point! This post contains two inspirational quotes; one is by Leo Buscaglia and the other by Mother Teresa. I recommend the short read for a smile, deep thought, and a reason to be grateful for the connections we have with others.

Making Long Distance Relationships Work

A long distance relationship is not an easy thing to maintain, explains Honestly Alexis. She provides valuable advice, based on her own experience, in this read, including tips on communication, sensitivity, and trust. I like when she says that it’s important to be open and to recognize that while highs and lows happen, it’s important that you support your partner through it all.

Tips to Reduce Postpartum Hair Loss

This is new to me: hair loss after pregnancy. You have this new baby and BAM your hair falls out, adding more to the already stressful time. Thankfully, the Mamabasic blog provides tips for reducing postpartum hair loss. She explains why the hair issue happens and provides advice that is easy to understand.

Winded Woman: Inspiring Poem & Photo

For a poem that speaks of a moment in time with such grace, from the perspective of a woman, click on the Winded Woman post at Paint + Poems. The poetry is inspired by the photo, and I think they are an incredible match.

1. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    Christy Birmingham with some posts from the week to inspire you and very honoured to have one of my media training for authors included.. some very interesting posts to check out.

2. Thanks for the mention Christy.. much appreciated. Sally

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Absolutely! And thanks again for the share xx

3. Linda Mims September 22, 2017

Thanks! This is such a great idea and all the posts sound interesting! I intend to spend my morning reading them all!

Oooooh I hope you enjoy the reads, Linda <3

4. paulandruss September 22, 2017

a great selection of interesting and diverse topics to investigate Christy. Thanks!

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

So glad you appreciate the mix here, Paul!

5. honestlyalexis September 22, 2017

Wow! Thank you for the mention! I’ve always tried to give my own voice to everything and be Honest (hence the blog name) about my feelings and experiences, in hopes, that people relate or can use some of my experiences to help them.

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Yes, your post deserves to be here :)

6. dgkaye September 22, 2017

Fantastic share of round ups Christy. <3

Awww :) :)

7. Jill Weatherholt September 22, 2017

Great round up, Christy! Enjoy your weekend! <3

Thanks, Jill! Enjoy the weekend too <3

8. Wanted to do a quick pop-over to say thanks so much for featuring my article before Tink and I wend our way to bed after attending a wonderful birthday party. I only had 2 drinks over 4 hours, but I can barely hold my eyes open at 10 minutes to 3 AM. I shall have to return tomorrow to click the other links and see who else you featured.

I TRULY appreciate your help spreading the word.
    xx,
    mgh
    (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMORE dot com)
    ADD/EFD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder
    “It takes a village to educate a world!”

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Awww I hope you had fun at the party and then slept well :) So nice of you to drop by and it’s my pleasure to link to your quality post xx

9. kingajpg September 23, 2017

Loved this round up post! Checking out all the previous articles now <3

Awesome!!

10. Sageleaf September 23, 2017

Love these beautiful roundups! It’s really neat to see what other bloggers are up to. The book marketing one seems particularly appealing. :) Thank you, sweet friend, for caring enough to share the best of the web. You are a gem!

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Oh I love finding out what others are writing and reading ~ Thanks Cyndi for being here :D

11. Natalie Ducey September 23, 2017

Fabulous share, Christy! Thank you. :)

Aww Natalie :) Hope you’re doing great

2. Natalie Ducey September 27, 2017

Thank you, Christy! You as well. I’m in Halifax visiting my sister. Love these visits! :)

3. Christy B September 27, 2017

Oh how wonderful! I’m on the opposite end of Canada’s coasts in BC. Many hugs ~ Enjoy the family time <3

12. InspiresN September 23, 2017

Great weekly round-up Christy! looking forward to going through all the sites here and Thank you so much for the mention , appreciate it very much!

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Your posts are great, my friend :) Happy to include your recent one!

2. InspiresN September 24, 2017

awww! Thank you so much!! I enjoy all your posts as well!!

3. Christy B September 25, 2017

Awww <3 :)

13. Ka Malana - Fiestaestrellas.com September 23, 2017

Your feature is excellent as always 😍

*Smiling*

14. Resa September 23, 2017

Hello Christy!
    What a fab round-up! I was following 1 blog. Whatever! I went to each blog, read, liked, commented and followed, if I wasn’t already.
    I always wanted to do that, but today I had the time.
    Have the best Sunday! xx

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

Ohhhh that’s so great that you made time to do that ~ I know the bloggers appreciate the new follows, especially when they find out how spectacular you are xxoo

15. mamabasic September 23, 2017

Thank you so much for the mention! Loving these roundups!

1. Christy B September 23, 2017

You’re welcome and glad to feature you here!