Your home should be a safe space that makes you feel energized and motivated. Having a happy home is good for your health, too. That’s why we’re talking about positivity at home today! One survey found that up to 73% of people who are happy with their home also said they were happy with their life. So, how do you attract or gain positive energy at home, exactly?
Now, we’re all spending more time at home than ever so having a space that sparks joy is even more important. Read on for science-backed ways to bring positive energy into your home and life.
Houseplants bring the outdoors in and add color indoors. They also naturally purify the air in your home and reduce dust.
- Grow herbs in your kitchen so you can use fresh flavors while cooking.
- If you’re a beginner, purchase low-maintenance plants, such as Aloe and Pothos Ivy, to boost your confidence in plant care. Find other beginner tips for indoor gardening here.
- Hanging eucalyptus in your shower will allow the steam to release a refreshing scent when you wash.
Get organized to gain positive energy at home
A cluttered and messy home won’t make you feel at ease (and may even make it harder to fall asleep). Tidy up to boost your spirits and reduce stress.
Here’s some tips for getting organized:
- Reduce clutter with storage baskets. Here, you can organize clutter and get it out of sight.
- Tidy up as you go each morning so you return home to a clean and organized home.
- Take advantage of hanging space for organizing. Install hooks in closets and cabinets to double your storage.
Take advantage of natural light
Experts recommend we need at least 10 to 30 minutes of sunlight per day. Set your space up to soak in rays indoors.
- Let the daylight flow in by opening up curtains and blinds in the morning, and then close them for privacy each night.
- Hang large mirrors in dark-lit areas of the home to reflect light and boost brightness.
- Enhance your productivity at home with daylight-tinted bulbs. These are great for areas such as a home office or garage.
To gain positive energy at home, choose a mood-lifting scent
Smell is the strongest scent for triggering emotions and memories. Utilize this to your advantage throughout your home by finding scents that boost your mood.
- Decorate with scented candles throughout your living spaces. If you don’t know which scent to buy, try popular mood boosters like light floral and vanilla.
- If the idea of flames near your bed freaks you out, use scented plug-ins for bedrooms. Lavender scented plug-ins will help promote restful sleep.
- The bathroom is another great place to showcase scents. Pick out delicious smelling soaps and bath bombs, and don’t forget to add them to your guest bath too.
- Try aromatherapy dish soap in the kitchen so you can relax as you wash the dishes.
Set up outdoor spaces for socializing
Hanging with friends outdoors has always been a mood booster, and thanks to COVID-19, it’s now recommended by the CDC. Socialize responsibly by revitalizing your outdoor spaces.
- Arrange outdoor furniture to face each other so guests can easily commune.
- Purchase a grill for warm weather months so you can host backyard barbecues.
- Start saving for a backyard lawn game for a fun activity to do with friends and family.
Infographic on how to gain positive energy at home
If your home doesn’t make you feel energized and happy, it’s time to change that. Revitalizing your space doesn’t have to break the bank, either. Learn how to spark more joy at home with these science-backed and budget-friendly tips from The Zebra below.