Have you been feeling down in the dumps lately? It’s always good to evaluate your mental health to see if what consumes your mind is mainly positive or negative. Your outlook on life can affect your mental and physical health, and initiating a few small habits in your daily life can make a significant impact on your overall well-being. But when it comes to how to be more positive, where to begin? Right here.
The best time for optimism is now
Shifting your mindset may seem daunting, especially with the upcoming holiday season being so busy. But now is actually a great time to refresh your wellness routine to make sure you are practicing good habits to stay healthy.
Begin by gauging your current levels of positivity by being conscious of how you react to difficult news or challenges at the office or in your relationships. Are you finding yourself feeling pessimistic or turned off frequently?
If so, it is in your best health, physically and mentally, to make a change.
Positivity and your health
By starting small like listening to upbeat music or writing in a gratitude journal, consciously practicing positivity can drastically improve your quality of life. Some positive health effects from these exercises include:
- Boost in the immune system
- The decline in risk of heart failure
- Reduction in depressive symptoms
Also, trying your best to maintain a positive attitude throughout the year can make difficult challenges easier to get through and cope with than they might be otherwise.
First steps for how to be more positive
To help you get started, and for more tips on boosting your mood, here are 17 ways to be more positive. It includes a daily schedule for you to try that encourages positive thinking.
For example, set aside a certain time in the day to listen to music with a tempo of 100 beats per minute as a way to brighten your mindset.
That same resource offers printable mantras to boost your mood or share with a loved one. There are specific tips for incorporating positivity into your life that are easy and exciting ways to start to improve your perspective of work, relationships, and overall life view.
17 tips for how to be more positive:
1. Take a daily dose of gratitude
2. Give your heart some slack
3. Head outdoors for fresh air – More time outside is good for the mood
4. Find a personal mantra, and use it
5. Create meditation moments
6. Give of your time to charity or someone in need
7. Fill those negative thoughts with positive ones
8. Surround yourself with those who lift your spirits
10. Instead of wearing head-to-toe black, put a burst of color in your wardrobe
11. Turn on some up-tempo music
12. Eat mood-boosting foods, includes those with Vitamin C
13. Get sleep
14. Cuddle a doggie or cat
15. DIY or decorate for inspiration
16. Talk with close friends and family – Express your emotions rather than bottling them up
17. Start positive thoughts from the morning onward – The earlier in the day the better!
Modify your schedule to begin practicing positivity!
Start the holiday season and new year off on a positive note by incorporating these habits into your day, starting today.
What is your go-to way to boost mood or halt negative thoughts in their tracks?