Everyone wants to make their life meaningful. It is something we all crave in the time we spend on this earth as we want to make every second count for something and mean something positive. However, it can be easier said than done. Often we end up stuck in a rut with our jobs, looking after family, and dealing with adult life. If you want to break out and enrich your life, here are some steps to get there, including spending time with friends.
Learn new things
Get out of your regular routine and add some culture and knowledge to your life by learning something new. It could be anything from studying a triple accredited mba program online for your career to learning how to paint with watercolors in your spare time. Learning new skills activates and stimulates our brains; it makes us feel good. Feel a great boost for self-esteem and confidence in life.
The key to happiness in life is love. So spend as much time as you can showing others love and affection and getting it in return. Even if you don’t have a partner you can still show love to your family, friends, and pets. With a full heart, you can truly understand what is important in life. And loving yourself is essential too.
Read books to enrich your life
Books are a great way to enrich your life! They can open up a whole new world to you. Immerse yourself in the characters and feel as if you are living a completely new life as you read page after page. It is incredible to read books because not only does it offer an escape from reality but it also allows you to learn new languages and vocabulary. It can feel as if you learned something useful when you finish the book.
Visit new places
Are you bored of your lifestyle? If you crave a more exciting activity, a great option can be to travel to another part of the world you’ve never been to before. Travel is great for the soul and allows you to experience all that life has to offer first hand. Make friends, experience new climates, take in amazing sights, and immerse yourself into another type of lifestyle. Travel can be wonderful for broadening the mind and opening up immense possibilities that make the world a more exciting place.
Make more friends
Friends are an integral part of life. They are the ones who offer support in the darkest hour and lift you up even more in the highest. If you feel sick of life, spending more time with your friends can help put joy back in your days. Or try to meet new people to enrich your life. Friends are invaluable and can be a wonderful addition to your life.
19 thoughts on “Great Ways to Enrich Your Life”
Hello Christy. I just read your post about how we can enrich our lives. I agree with you. We ought to go to new places, read books and do other things that take our minds off the stresses in our daily lives. If I may make an input, there is something else that can enrich our lives, and that is to build a relationship with God.
Having a relationship with God would provide us with a true understanding, a sense of identity and a source of blessings. You see, just as there is a physical realm, there is also a spiritual realm. Things happen in the spiritual realm, just as things happen here in the physical realm. The spiritual realm is real and all around us on a daily basis. When we build a strong relationship with God, God would give us an understanding of the spirit. He would open our eyes so that we would be able to see the things that others do not see. Divine ideas and inspiration, and true wisdom and understanding. God also gets very real and practical. If a person prays to God before going grocery shopping, God can speak to them through an inner voice and tell them where exactly to get it for a good price. They can pray for a job today and get an interview tomorrow. God’s love is actually very real and present. God can honestly make our lives easier, all we need to do is take our struggles to him in prayer and he is usually willing to help.
All of these are in line with what God has already said in the bible.
In Jeremiah 29:11, God said “11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope”.
God is looking to enrich lives.
You know, Christy, I do not know whether you have a relationship with God or not. However, I feel that this piece of information could be beneficial to you and anybody in general. If you would like to build a relationship with God, here are my recommendations on the steps to take:
1. Confession of faith: you need to find a quiet space. Imagine that Jesus is in front of you. Ask him for forgiveness of your past sins and the sins of your ancestors. Ask him to give you the strength to forgive those who have offended you. Honestly, I suggest that you forgive the people who have offended you, because whatever they did to you is now in the past, and upon a confession of Jesus as your Lord, you become a new creation. In addition, God commands that we need to forgive others, before he can forgive us. You can also get a deliverance before your confession of faith. Deliverance will rid you off any ungodly spirits that have taken residence in your body and mind. A pastor with a deliverance anointing should be able to help with this. There are also videos on YouTube, where pastors with a deliverance anointing pray directly for people through the videos. You just need to search “deliverance prayer” in the search bar to reach these videos. Now, you need to tell Jesus that you want him to come and be your lord and personal savior, and surrender to him. You need to know that Jesus died for you. He died on the cross so that you may have a chance at salvation. The minute you give your life to Jesus, you need to know that you can no longer live as you wish, you shall live according to the stipulations in the bible. Believe in your heart that Jesus was risen up from the dead by God, and confess with your mouth that he is the messiah and your personal savior.
2. Prayers: ask Jesus to bless you with eternal life. Tell him to make a place for you in his heavenly abode. You need to understand that praying for heaven is the best prayer that you can ever pray. Life on earth is so short, you need to be worried about eternal life, which is so much longer. God knows that you need clothes, food, shelter etc. He is your creator and he knows your every need. The bible tells us to pray for eternal life and God would provide our other needs (i.e. clothes, shelter etc.) according to his riches. If there is something bothering you, tell God in prayer, commit it to him and ask him to do it for you. However, bear in mind that this life is temporary and so are the things in this life. When you are praying, the devil will try to disrupt your prayers by bringing sudden disturbances and evil thoughts. An example of an evil thought that the devil tries to use to stop people from praying is by bringing the thought that Jesus is not present and that they are simply wasting their time. Jesus is there with you when you pray. So pray like you mean it. Pray the same way you will if Jesus was right in front of you because he is. You need to understand how prayers work as well. You see, when you pray, God answers prayers. God usually has three answers to prayers Yes, Yes but Wait, and No. God has a reason for every answer that he gives. He loves you and he will make sure that everything works out well for you in the end. When you get a No from God, sometimes it is not because that thing is not good for you at that point in time, but it may be because God is trying to draw your attention to something that you are doing wrong in your life. When you get a No from God, you need to evaluate yourself, what is the motive of your prayer? is it pure? Is it Godly? Is there an area of sin in your life that you need to work on? When you reflect on these things and you find something in yourself lacking, try to fix it. When God says Yes to prayers and sends you his blessings, trust me, there are spiritual forces of the devil in high places that work against people so that their blessings from God would not reach them. You need to pray against these spiritual forces. Rebuke them by the power and the name of Jesus. This way, your blessings would be able to reach you. Lastly, some people pray lazy prayers. For example, someone might pray for a job, without actually applying to any. God does not reward laziness. When you are praying for something, you need to be putting some work in as well. God rewards hard-work and we ought to strive to be hardworking. God’s role is to direct, bless, and make your path clear. He would be with you. You need to make sure that you are close to God in prayer. Do not cease to tell him about what you are struggling with. If you are struggling with sins of the flesh that you believe are hindering your spiritual growth, you need to make sure that you tell God. Make sure that you pray for an increment in faith. Faith is important, you need to have faith in God. When we pray, we need to have faith, God does not like it when we doubt his ability to provide us with what we want, he is mighty and nothing is impossible with him. When you are low in faith, pray to God for an increment in faith. Remember to pray for your family, your city, your country and the world in fact, no prayers are too big for God. Pray that unsaved people would be saved. Pray for your non-Christian family members, pray that they see the light and become saved. When you pray, make sure that you take care of sins. The bible says that we need to forgive others if we want our sins to be forgiven. Make sure you forgive others, ask for forgiveness of your sins first before praying. Sins can block your prayers from getting to God. Try to avoid sin, but pray for forgiveness of sins everyday, because sometimes, we are not aware of the sins that we are committing. When you get answers to your prayers, remember to thank God.
3. The Bible: You need to make sure that you are reading the bible and that you are obeying it. I suggest you begin with the New Testament because the coming of Jesus changed many of the things that were practised before. However, bear in mind that the old testament is also important. You can find free bible apps on google play. You can also find free bibles online. The New Living Translation is an easy to read bible version. However, the most popular one is the King James Version.
4. Hearing from God: Trust me, God would speak to you. He would speak to you through dreams. Through people, through situations, through the bible and so much more. You need to practice and perfect the art of hearing God’s voice. Dreams contain a lot of symbolism. When you possess an avid knowledge of what the bible says, you would understand the biblical meaning of all the symbols in your dreams. However, for now, you can search online bible dream dictionaries for the meaning of things you see in your dream. You also need to know that although there are general meanings for some symbols, some interpretations are based on context. Take context into account. God does communicate via dreams. Sometimes, you might be asking God for direction on something. Pay attention to the words all around you during this time i.e, the things people say, words you see when reading the bible etc. Sometimes you might even just turn on your TV and the TV anchor would say something that directly relates to what you are going through. Pay attention to these things. You would know it is God’s voice when whatever is said is not in contradiction to the bible and God’s nature. If it is in contradiction then it might just be something random that popped up. As you practise the art of listening and hearing, God might give you the gift of seeing visions or the gift of hearing an inner voice, and take you to deeper depths of hearing.
5. Fasting: fasting is an effective way to get God’s attention. Fasting is a way to spend time with him. You deprive yourself of food because what you seek for is more than food. There are different types of fasting, and you need to plan what works for you. There is the:
A. Avoidance fasting: This is a fasting form where you avoid something that you cannot do without i.e. Coffee.
B. Daniel’s fast: In this sort of fasting, you only eat fruit and vegetables and drink water. You do not eat anything cooked or anything other than fruits and vegetables.
C. Water fast: In this sort of fasting, you do not eat anything, you only drink water. No food, just water.
D. Total fast: In this sort of fasting, you do not eat or drink anything. You do not drink even water.
Make sure that you work out what works for you. You can pray to God for directions on the timing of the fasting to follow. However, as a general time-frame, on fasting days, many Christians fast from 6am to 6pm. Many Christians also use those moments when they feel hungry/ feel cravings as prompts to pray. You need to have increased prayers during fasting periods.
6. Temptations: When you believe in Jesus. Trust me, the devil sometimes would throw trials and tribulations into your life, the goal of this is to get you to denounce your faith. The goal is to frustrate you. You need to pray and fast when trials and tribulations strike. God would never leave you or forsake you. He would be with you and with God, you will overcome this if it ever happens.
7. Spreading the gospel: Now that you know the truth, you are chosen. It is now your duty to share the truth in the bible with others. Make sure that you save people from falling prey to Satan’s tactics. You need to join the fight to depopulate the devil’s camp, while populating God’s kingdom. With spreading the gospel, do not feel the need to finish reading the whole bible before you begin. You can teach people the little you know.
8. Read: There is a lot of material out there. There are ministers of God who have practised for about 40 years. These people have a lot of stories about their ministry. Some of them have the gift to heal others, others see visions, some of them hear God’s voice. Many of these people have written books about how they accomplished what they have accomplished, and how they got their gift. Buy these books and read them. If you do not have money, some of these ministers have shared their stories for free on YouTube, take advantage of that.
9: Reform yourself: begin to watch Christian movies and listen to Christian music. Make sure that your thoughts, actions, and words are in obedience to the word of God. Make sure that you are not doing anything sinful in your thoughts, actions or words. Refine your world, the space around you, the things you see and hear, make it all about God. You can also join a community of bible believing Christians. However, I need to tell you that there is sectarianism in the religion. Do not pay attention to sectarianism, pay attention to the bible. The bible is your authority. If a church seems to have too much sectarianism issue going on, if they are more focused on promoting their denomination than promoting God and the word in his bible, you need to stop going there. Get a water baptism, and pray so that God would baptise you in the holy spirit.
(I know I have written this list in the order of 1 to 9. It is crucial that you begin with Step 1. Prayers are something that you need to do constantly, so is bible study, hearing from God and reforming yourself. However, you can start small with fasting and spreading the gospel. You can start by preaching to your family members in the beginning phase of spreading the gospel, but you need to expand on these over time. I know this list seems long and all these seem deep, but trust me, you would blend into it so easily and it would become second nature to you. Pray to God to make all of these easy for you, and he will. The devil would try to trick you into believing that God’s standards are too high and that you would never overcome sin, when in actuality, you can. So therefore, pray to God and believe and he would help you overcome sin).
If you ever backslide and fall back into sin again while trying to follow God’s word. You need to ask him to forgive you and try to get back on track.
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. If you need to talk, I am here for you. God bless you. Have a blessed day :)
Thank you for sharing your deep love for God with us and for putting forth faith as a way to enrich life beyond the present. xo
Thank you for your positive response. :)
It’s true that a routine and monotonous life is boring. Exploring, loving and making new friends definitely add to our life. Once again a great post dear..
Read books. I love that one
Books are amazing, aren’t they ❤️
The best Christy. Way better than people. 😘
I love this post and your suggestions. Learning more always makes a person feel more useful and productive. I am also planning on traveling more to further enrich my life.
Really good post.
I am a lifelong learner! Nice to hear you are similar ✌️
Lovely post with some good ideas for making life more interesting and valuable.
Awe I love seeing you here today!
Love your enthusiasm!
Great post! 😊
As we live now, with such uncertainty, this article can be used to make a reflection.