These Alternative Health Remedies Could Be Exactly What You Need

Relax with yoga

This woman does yoga as an alternative health remedy. Photo by Emily Sea on Unsplash.

As humans, we tend to focus more on medicinal remedies and traditional assessments of health than anything else. But this isn’t something that we can blame ourselves for. It’s only natural for us to follow what our families do, and stick with the majority when it comes to finding solutions for poor health. When all you know is traditional medicine, doctors, and the more accepted ways of healthy living, it’s what you do. But it’s also good to open your mind up to alternatives. Just because Western medicine is what we’re used to, it doesn’t mean that it’s the right or the only solution for your health. In fact, there are plenty of alternative health remedies that could be exactly what you need at some point or another in your life.

Massage Therapy

We all tend to think of getting a massage as a bit of a luxury. But it doesn’t have to be. In fact, deciding to get massage therapy is a great way to focus on your health. We all suffer from stress, and that stress can sit on your muscles and harm your health, whether you realize it or not. Massage therapy can stop that from happening, or at least release the tension to help your health improve itself. Even if you’re suffering from different aches or pains, or problems with other areas of your health, massage therapy can be helpful. Something like reflexology may even be the key to curing some of your health issues too.

Mindfulness & Meditation

It’s easy to be afraid of meditation. It’s something that we tend to associate with the east and some will even label it as being a bit strange. But meditation and choosing to be mindful is an incredibly powerful way to control your mind, clear out your mental issues, and unblock stress. Yoga can also help with this and be great for your body. So, it may be worth giving all three a try.

Alternative Medicine

Next, we have alternatives to the kind of medicine that you’re used to. It’s normal for you to be prescribed drugs and chemicals to cure yourself. But they aren’t the only option. There are different, more natural, alternatives such as Culta that could help. Even eastern medicinal techniques, such as Chinese methods, could be a cure that improves your health.

A Bit Of Relaxation

You’ll find that meditation, mindfulness, and yoga are all very relaxing – and sometimes that’s all your need to cure your ailments. Laughter helps too! When you’re switching off, enjoying yourself, and generally escaping from the stresses of everyday life, powerful things can happen!

Good Old-Fashioned Exercise

And you should never write off exercise. We tend to see exercise as a physical cure. And while that is true, it can also work wonders for your mind. Exercise improves your health, gives you energy, and boosts your happiness. It may seem like a boring avenue compared to others on the list, but it’s incredible effective. So, be sure to give exercise a go too.

1. Chris.Lemos March 20, 2018

I really need to start meditating! Every night I try to sleep there are million thoughts running through my mind!

1. Christy B March 20, 2018

Yes, the focus required for meditation can really silence the mind!

2. Jessica March 20, 2018

I agree with this 100%. As the cost of healthcare continues rise at an increasing rate, we have to begin focusing on prevention strategies and alternative solutions for bettering our overall health.

3. Jay March 20, 2018

Exercise is preventative, which is even better!

4. Leyla March 20, 2018

Really interesting post, Christy, as always

5. motherofangels3 March 20, 2018

As usual I feel like this post was mean’t just for me! I have been on the fence about treating myself to a spa day . I think I may be able to convince myself now after reading this post . ;)

6. Plantsandbeyond March 20, 2018

About to get my bday massage. Yay :)

1. Christy B March 24, 2018

Happy birthday!!! :) A massage is a GREAT present xo

2. Plantsandbeyond March 24, 2018

3. Plantsandbeyond March 27, 2018

😘😘😘😘😘

4. Christy B April 23, 2018

Hugs for your day!

7. richa pandey March 20, 2018

Meditation is really an absolute remedy for tension anxiety and make us feel calm. Great one again

1. paulliverstravels March 21, 2018

I’ve taken up meditating three times a day, focusing on breathing starting from my tummy until I fill my chest. I’m a lot less annoyed by annoying things now.

8. scholachat March 21, 2018

I think I need to get a massage

1. paulliverstravels March 21, 2018

I once had a massage by a large woman with thick fingers that pressed so hard into my tissues that I had the worst runny nose of my life and could barely walk for a few minutes afterwards. Never met anyone who could do that to me again.

2. scholachat March 21, 2018

That’s shocking to hear. I hope she has quit her job for good. Thanks for posting this, now I’m going to be on the look out for recommendations before I decide in where to go.

3. paulliverstravels March 23, 2018

LOL – and here I thought I was praising her. It’s funny how people look for different things. I semi-friend of mine once sent me to this favorite massage place in China, and the guy pressed into my body with elbows and knuckles so hard and fast I had to keep telling my body not to turn over and block him because they felt like assaults. When I complained to him the next day, he was surprised that I didn’t enjoy it.

9. Jill Weatherholt March 21, 2018

I agree with all of your suggestions, Christy. Exercising is my go to activity.

10. Norah March 21, 2018

They all sound good to me, Christy. I think my alternative medicine coming up real soon though is sleep. It’s just about time for bed. Have a great week. xx

1. paulliverstravels March 21, 2018

I wish I could sleep an hour longer a day, but I’m too well trained from my days as a paper boy to wake up after six am.

2. Norah March 22, 2018

There may be some advantages to the freshness of the early morning air. Enjoy!

11. Ben Aqiba March 21, 2018

Great post Christy (as always),

unfortunately we live in such world, in material world.We have a pills for everything ,for sleeping,for awakening,for good mood etc. But in fact, we have that in our bodies.All we need :)

12. InspiresN March 21, 2018

Great compilation of alternative health remedies , great reminder for me to get back to yoga and meditation soon :)

13. Baffledmum March 21, 2018

My mum has regular massages for back pain & took me along recently, I’ve honestly never felt beter! Will have to start going more often… X

14. Marjorie March 21, 2018

All excellent alternative health remedies. I particularly love doing meditation and mindfulness. Such a wonderful way to focus the mind and relax.

1. Christy B March 21, 2018

Wonderful to hear about your positive experiences with alternative health options, Marjorie :)

15. Megala March 21, 2018

Never heard of Culta before, it sounds quite appealing. Thanks for sharing this link.

16. Willow Croft March 21, 2018

I’m a’tryin’ LOL

17. Amy Caudill March 22, 2018

I do my own version of meditation while walking trails at a local park, which unfortunately this week is covered in snow! Maybe I should pull out my old yoga dvds again? Thanks for the ideas, Christy!

18. M Ford March 23, 2018

Thank you! I see myself in 4 out of 5 of these – if not already there, on my way to ….

1. Christy B March 23, 2018

19. After my mum died i wanted a focus for when i woke up in the mornings so i started a mindfulness/meditation practise with ‘Insight Timer’ an app on my phone. I have loved taking that time each day for myself, often just sitting and breathing as i listen to music or words. Ive found it a great help and if i dont do it i really miss it. Ive found it really beneficial.

1. Christy B March 24, 2018

How wonderful that you’ve found what works for you and that you take that time for yourself. Sending love this weekend ♥

2. Thanks Christy. Love to you too. Have a happy one.

3. Christy B March 24, 2018

Thanks Alison <3

20. justworkingoutlife August 30, 2018

Agreed. I’ll try all of these and hope for a better solution to health issues.