Who We Are
Our website address is: https://whenwomeninspire.com.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The Akismet anti-spam service collects information that includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you purchase any physical products and services offered directly by When Women Inspire, we collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store is:
- Products you’ve viewed; we will use this to, for example, show you products you recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type; we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
- What you have in your cart while you browse the site, using cookies
- For the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments, WooCommerce Subscriptions stores the customer’s name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details
- We store a copy of your cart in our database for 60 days for the purpose of reminding you when your cart is abandoned
- We store your communication preferences such as whether you have opted in to receive marketing communication. This data is retained until you request the removal of your data
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, and optional account information like username and password. We will use this information for purposes that include:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
If you opt-in to receive marketing updates, we may use your personal information to provide you with product updates or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. Personal data may also be used by our internal system to automate processes of our store using third party extensions such as AutomateWoo.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal or via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express). When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to these third party payment processors.
We keep a log of some of the communication that we have with you which may include marketing and transactional emails and/or SMS messages using AutomateWoo. These are kept for the purpose of improving our marketing and communication with you and other customers. These logs are retained until you request removal of your data.
Third Party Payment Processors
We also use reputable extensions as third party payment processors, including WooCommerce Bookings and WooCommerce Subscriptions.
Using WooCommerce Bookings and Woocommerce Subscriptions at our website means your personal data may get stored to collect personal details, such as zip code, to calculate shipping rates. As well, Bookings may share your data with external services, such as billing address to process payment.
Some of our website’s services enable you to contact us via email. We will use the information you give us, such as your email, only to respond to your question or other inquiry. Please bear in mind that email transmissions do not automatically undergo encryption, so we suggest you do not include sensitive data such as credit card numbers or bank account details in the contact forms. We offer security via HTTPS across the entire website.
There is no log kept on this website of the messages sent through the embedded contact forms.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
Cookies are also collected when you use this website as per the GDPR banner shown on the first visit to this website. These cookies last for 365 days or 1 year. There is an opt-out option on this banner, and you can revoke your cookies by sending an email to email@example.com at any time. You will receive a response to your message within a reasonable time.
Cookies are also used to keep track of the contents of your cart while you browse the website.
This website may serve advertisements and content from third parties, collect information from visitors directly, and place or recognize cookies on browsers of visitors. We also may provide details about opting out of online ads where the law recognizes it.
This site uses Google Analytics to track overall website usage for a better visitor experience. This stores no personally identifying information. Certain cookies load due to the configuration of our website with Google Analytics; we use them to collect data. The default expiration dates for said cookies as laid out by Google Analytics Cookie Usage. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing this browser plugin.
- wp_automatewoo_visitor – Used to store a secure key that is unique to you – Expires after 2 years
- wp_automatewoo_session_started – Used to flag when you begin interacting with our website – Expires when you end the browser session
- automatewoo_do_cart_update – Used to store flag when your stored cart needs to be updated – Expires when you end the browser session
Other cookies at https://whenwomeninspire.com/ are:
- _tlc,_tli,_tlp,_tlv,DSID,id,IDE – Google AdSense, used for analytic purposes to allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve our site’s performance.
- wordpress_test_cookie and wordpress_logged_in_, wordpress_sec – Technical cookies necessary for this website to function and cannot be switched off.
- _ga,_gid,_gat – Google Analytics (see next paragraph for explanation and purpose)
There are also technical and analytic cookies from Google Analytics, Google AdSense, WordPress, NameCheap, and other plugins. We use them to keep count of visits and to better our site’s performance. These cookies includes those set through our site by advertisers for marketing purposes.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example WooCommerce.
Data we collect and store relating to you is first and foremost utilized to allow us to provide better services to you. Also, we rely on these lawful grounds to collect and process any personal info you have provided:
- Legitimate Organizational Interests – To give you the details requested of use about our services or products and to give info on additional products we think may interest you if you have consented to receive this type of information.
- Notifications – To tell you about any modifications to our website, including changes to products or services, which can alter our provided services. If you are already a customer, we might contact you about similar goods or services that you previously bought.
- Contractual Obligations – To perform and meet our contractual obligations to you.
- When You Consent – To give you details about unrelated products and services that we think you might like, we may use your data or allow third parties to use your data. We/they may contact you about these products or services via any method you consented to when the data was collected. For new customers, we will only contact you when you gave us consent and only by ways you provided consent for us to do so; the same holds true for use of your data by third-parties. If you do not want us or third parties using your data, you can withhold this consent via the form that we utilize to collect your data.
- Note about Our Advertisers – We do not reveal details about identifiable persons to our advertisers but we might, occasionally, give them aggregate statistical data about our visitors; one possible example is your geographical area of residence.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
After 1080 days, when a user has not logged in, their data will be deleted.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We do not sell, trade or transfer in another way your personally identifiable information to third parties. Exempt from this statement are third parties who help us operate this website, carry out our business, or service you, as long as those parties agree to keep these details private.
Where you have given us consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by emailing us through our Contact page, but withdrawing consent won’t affect its validity up to the time when you withdraw it.
We use several security measures to keep your personal details safe as we believe personal data deserves extra safeguards. Access to this data is severely limited to a small number of persons and subject to confidentiality guidelines.
We will take all reasonable steps needed to ensure your data is treated securely and in line with this Policy. However, transmitting data by way of the Internet is not totally safe. While we can do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee your personal details transmitted to our site. This transmission is at your own risk. When we receive your details, we will utilize security-minded processes and features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What Data Breach Procedures We have in Place
Our data breach procedures are in place to protect us against possible data security risks, such as breaches of confidentiality, failing to offer choice, and reputation-related damage. Everyone who works for or with whenwomeninspire.com has some responsibility for making sure that data collection, storage, and handling appropriately follows this Policy.
The procedures are the processes that whenwomeinspire.com staff follow in the event whenwomeninspire.com has a data breach or thinks there may have been a data breach.
If a privacy data breach has occurred or is suspected to have occurred, any whenwomeninspire.com staff who is aware of it must within 24 hours tell this site’s Owner in the first instance. The following details, if known at the time, must be shared with the Owner:
a) When did the breach occur?
b) What type of breach is it?
c) What caused the breach?
d) Which systems are affected?
e) Which part of the organization does it involve?
f) Have any steps been taken to correct the issue and, if so, what are they?
After receiving this information, the Owner must assess and figure out the possible impact of the privacy data breach and how significant it may be. If the Owner cannot figure out these details on their own then they must reach out in confidence to a member of the team of the Owner’s choosing to get advice on the actual or suspected breach. Upon receiving this information, the team will take a first look at the issue to craft pre-emptive instructions as to how best to take corrective action, depending on the nature and severity of the breach. If the chosen team member cannot make sense of the breach, whether real or suspected, then the Owner will outsource the corrective action. Again, all details will be kept in confidence in the best interests privacy-wise for all involved parties.
The corrective action might include retrieving or recovering personal details, stopping unauthorized access, and total system shut-down or shut-down of part of the system. Actions to contain the breach must occur as quickly as possible after the initial assessment of the situation is given to the Owner. Where feasibly, a report of the breach or suspected breach, actions taken, outcome of action, and suggestions to prevent this scenario from happening again will be submitted to the Owner by related individuals analyzing the issue. When providing the Owner with a copy of the report, the relevant individual will end it by saying that no further action is required. The Owner will log this information into a shared document with the appropriate staff.
Please note that there is no single way to respond to a data breach and each situation must be responded to on a case-by-case basis, given factors such as circumstances and related risks.
If practicable, this website must tell each person to whom the related personal details relates. If doing so is not practical, this website must also take reasonable steps to make the statement public, including publishing at the site. The Owner will log this statement and also review lessons learned from the issue and, if necessary, review relevant processes and policies with the appropriate staff.
What Third Parties We Receive Data From
What Automated Decision Making and/or Profiling We Do with User Data
Currently, we utilize user data only to offer services on this website and target users for ads to remind them of services and products we offer.
Industry Regulatory Disclosure Requirements
Aside from breach notifications, we are not aware of any regulatory disclosures we need to provide. If you are aware of any, please feel welcome to let us know via the Contact page (link is at the end of this page).
For privacy-specific concerns, please contact the website’s Data Protection Officer Christy Birmingham-Reyes through the Contact page form.
You can also reach us at:
When Women Inspire
PO Box 99900 FB 009 245
RPO Town & Country
Victoria, BC V8Z 0C8