Weekly Inspiration Roundup – Vol. 9

It’s Friday! What, you didn’t need the reminder? ;) Here is the latest in inspiration from around the blogging world. Let’s keep raising one another up with written words!

Resa Shares Alley 18 Artwork

Resa went to Alley 18 in Toronto, Ontario and it was here that she found some very impressive murals to photograph. What is the commonality between the 18 works of art? Not just that they’re all in this alley but also that they are all done by women. Twenty women, to be exact. Look around Resa’s blog while you’re over there and say hi!

Inspiring reads from bloggers

Reads that inspire, from around the blogging community. Pixabay, CC0 Public Domain.

Sageleaf Suggests Creating a Spiritual Counsel

Sageleaf writes for Intuitive and Spiritual, where she provides us spiritual tools and invites us into her uplifting projects. Her recent post on creating a spiritual counsel for answers is a topic I had not heard of before, so I wanted to share it with you all. This involves gathering those people (real or deceased) whom you greatly admire and inviting them to your counsel to provide answers to a particular question. Fascinating!

The History of American Labor

On Labor Day Monday, the blogger known as who is known as His Perfect Timing, which is also the name of her blog, shared a post on American labor, then and now. Her words of gratitude as an employee, supervisor, mother, and grandmother are beautiful to read.

Jessica Had Her Baby!

Congratulations again to Jessica on her new bundle of joy! I’ve been following Jessica through her pregnancy and was happy to read of her healthy delivery. Now she’s sharing openly about her experiences as a new mom in Things They Didn’t Tell Me About Postpartum. I think this post is very informative. Jessica is very welcoming so don’t be shy!

Step by Step with The Godly Chic Diaries

I encourage you to follow The Godly Chic Diaries if you’re not already doing so. The inspirational posts are lovely, and her blog post Focus on Moving Forward is one that may give you the extra push you need to keep going if you’re ready to give up. To quote part of the post, “Exist to be happy not to impress. Be your own advocate.”

Madelyn on Getting Past PTSD Triggers

Madelyn Griffith-Haynie takes on an important topic in this post about whether a person can truly heal from trauma. She talks in length about PTSD, its triggers, and moving forward. Madelyn investigates how the mind and your thoughts influence your healing process. By changing what we mentally link to a cue, we have the potential to create a new action to the old cue, Madelyn explains in this illuminating blog post.

1. Resa September 8, 2017

Yahoo!!! My blog has been rounded up! Okay, I’m cooking dinner, but will be back with a better comment! :D

2. I laughed at Resa’s comment about being “rounded up” – and I know just how she feels. Thanks for including my post with these other interesting articles.

My time this weekend is promised to Robbie’s WIP, so I daren’t hop around to read the fine blogs featured as well until I’ve responded to her. But I WILL hope over and say hello, and I’m looking forward to it.

xx,
    mgh

1. Christy B September 13, 2017

Being “rounded up” sounds like we’re at a rodeo, hehe ;) I hope you and Robbie are having fun collaborating and thanks for taking time to visit other blogs as well as leave me a kind comment here. It’s my pleasure to include your marvelous posts xx

2. Giddy-up cowboy – lol. Thanks for your good wishes. I’m still not sure if I’ll have the time to do Robbie’s project (and I don’t want to slow her down) – much as I’d like to collaborate.

She is currently working her final week at her job (or just completed it) to give her time to focus on her WIP as well as some other things she wants to do. I still have to work on working along WITH the other things I want to do, including finishing a few books of my own and getting them published. ::sigh::

So much to do, only so much time. I always wonder about those folks who complain of boredom. Who has TIME to be bored?
      xx,
      mgh

3. Christy B September 14, 2017

You’re so thinking like me.. blogging and books… those ought to be my focus but I’ve gotten off track from the books.. life gets so busy, as you say… I cannot remember the last time I was bored!!

4. I don’t remember EVER being bored – except when forced to “go outside to play” in the Florida heat, when I hunkered down in the shade of the house and prayed to be let back into the AC soon!
      xx,
      mgh

3. Barbara Franken September 9, 2017

Love this idea… might just do it too… love to you x barbara x

1. Christy B September 13, 2017

Cheers :) Hope all is well, Barbara!

4. Invisibly Me September 9, 2017

This is fab as I love discovering some new reading material (though the GCD is one I already read) :) Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend! :)
    Caz x

1. Christy B September 13, 2017

Yayyyyy!! Your enthusiastic comment is reason to smile :)

5. Resa September 9, 2017

Thank you. Christy! I love that alley. :D I have visited all of the rounded-up here! All great Posts by women.
    We’re so smart! I was already following two, followed another one, couldn’t find the follow on one.
    Have the best weekend and much love to you!

1. Christy B September 13, 2017

Hi Resa! I’m so glad you found your post here and it’s my pleasure to include you and the alley :) You did a spectacular job of spotlighting the artwork! Thanks for taking time to visit all of the blogs linked here too ~ You’re a joy <3

6. mysticwriter2002 September 9, 2017

Awesome post 😃💖 and here I go following you

7. Sageleaf September 9, 2017

Sweet Christy, up until now, I didn’t know that you did these awesome roundups. How fun! I just met and learned about lots of new bloggers all-in-one post. I’m feeling such gratitude for you and for all the other people here! Thank you for sharing my post here, as well. I am so glad our paths have crossed. You really are a gym, an influencer, I have so many kind and thoughtful things to say and share about others. You really inspire me, and you’re bright, uplifting smile truly lights the path for others. Keep on doing what you’re doing, friend, because you are making a difference.

1. Christy B September 13, 2017

Oh Cyndi, your words humble me… you are someone I look up to and admire on many levels.. Thank you for being in my life and for this comment that I savor xx

8. jyo September 9, 2017

Impressive content…and I just love the idea !!